Another solo trip

Hit Bulls Bay again yesterday solo. This time i ran all 10 poles. Yesterday morning I set up about 1/2 mile from where we scored last Saturday and nothing. I got about 20 shrimp running all poles. Other boaters were having the same issue so that was kind of a relief because i thought it was me. So i decided to pick the poles up and move back to the first spot from this weekend.
Moved to new spot and got poles out and baited and sat about 20 minutes and started throwing. Baaam first pole, about 20 nice ones. Second pole, baaaam, about 20 or so more nice ones. I knew i was in the spot then. I worked for it but i ended up with a lil over a half cooler of mainly large and few medium mixed in. It made me feel so good having people ride up on me and giving me praise and props for running my poles myself and soon as i got back to the dock, i had more people coming to me saying they saw me running my poles myself and told me i did a good job.
It was a hard job but the rewards were good. I met alot of new people also. I will say, it is some nice people around. Everyone is not snobby. Weather was also perfect.

I.ll give you praise for doing that solo!

Nice pics! careful with those mantis shrimp, i had one put a heck of a cut on my index finger once. Playing with the darn thing, didn’t know what it was. I’ve heard they have some really sweet meat? Google em, they say they can bust aquarium glass.

Appreciate it. Yelp i actually cooked him up. Meat was good. Yeah i heard they can put a hurting on you…

Great job brother. Thanks for the report.

Most Definitely. I’m still itching for a full cooler though…:+1:

Hit Bulls Bay again yesterday solo. This time i ran all 10 poles

Kudos to you. Definitely a young healthy mans job running poles solo!

Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha 250

Appreciate it Long Enuff… Not gonna lie, young at heart but my body says hell no…lmbo:smiley::+1:

You the man! Great job, wish i was well enough to go! Watch those mantis it take fore ever for the cuts to healup

I keep some Hibiclens on board for salt water critter cuts and scraps…and in my first aid kits shop, boat, and field. Also a 50/50 mix of bleach in a spray bottle works wonders on any type of cut. An ounce of prevention.

Most every thing in the salt water that breaks the skin has a strong chance of causing an infection.

Mom turned me on to this before it was over the counter many years ago… Works wonders for facial acne, just keep it away from your eyes.

https://hibiclens.com/

Looks like those trips are paying off. As for that mantis shrimp, they are quite tasty but mean little dudes.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

Boatpoor, you will be well soon and ready to get back out here on the water. When you are ready, you always have a spot on either of my boats, if it’s freshwater or saltwater. Just let me know buddy.

Hey Fred67 and Boatpoor, I definitely need to keep some alcohol and other cleaning agents on my boat other than hand sanitizer. You never know what you might encounter on that water…

DFreedom, yeah i am getting a lil better and learning a lil bit about scouting for them. We have some very knowledgeable people in this group that are willing to help out another man and I’ve learned as such. I appreciate everyone, such as Bayou boi and 00seaproRR for all the knowledge they have cast upon me about bulls bay