Found One...10/18

That’s right, ONE. Lines in from 8:00-2:45. Fresh Shrimp and cut finger Mullet on 3 small rods and 2 big rods. No noticeable bites on Shrimp, Crazy you say? Yep crazy! Well ONE bite, a Sharpnose that straightened the hook. Only landed the one Red on cut Mullet. Surf was pretty angry through mid day with a decent rip due to NNE wind 10-15.

The red came out of this Small gut full of holes and deep pockets. This was about 2 hours before low tide.

I don’t know what’s going on with the fish lately but good job

Nice fish and thanks for report. I heard they hit good over the weekend at the pier on folly. I had a few in a few trips in a row but haven’t had any the last few trips. But they seem to not arrived good yet. This week they’ll probably hit good. Also all the fish are 37- to 39 with an in occasional 43-44 similar to last year

Water temp is still up a bit, the Reds aren’t in the " MUST BREED NOW" mode. And I agree 40, the next big moon cycle along with a 3-4 degree water temp drop will have them grouped up. But we gotta get some Fall weather.

That Red was one Heavy, Big Headed BULL!

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing in the surf like an idiot."

Good to see you out and about David, thats a jug head. Hope you and the misses are well:+1:

PETE , GOOD TO SEE YOU AND DAVID BOTH OUT ; DID EITHER OF YALL FISH THE EVENT;; I WAS GONNA TRY TO DO IT BUT MY HEART JUST ISN’T IN FOR IT YET ; KEEP IN TOUCH , I APPRECIATED THE PHONE CALL THE OTHER WEEK , THANKS IT MEANT A LOT HEARING FROM FRIENDS…

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Good morning George. The last I heard they were trying to put together a couple of boats and run with a skeleton crew this year due to the covid issue. Hopefully things will get better and we can put together something regarding surf options for them next year. Take care George, Ill holler at you soon.

Nice one!! Thanks for sharing the pics

J Ford

What you thinking David? Fish still out decent?

Have not been out since our Hilton Head vacation, which was not a very good “catching” trip. Fished the WHOLE island from South Beach to behind the Barony Course #12. Was hunting Reds all week long, cut Mullet (frozen and fresh) on three rods and 2 Shrimp. Whiting bite was okay, Rays and small to FUN sized Sharks (against ordinance to target on HHI). I tried every kind of tide at every time of day and night.
And of course on the last morning of the last day I decided to chunk up some Whiting…should have know better. Found ONE more.

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing in the surf like an idiot."

Way to stick with it David, another very nice fish. Thanks for the report. I’m hoping to get in one more trip. My wife is sick. She did a rapid test and it came back negative. With rapid tests being a little unreliable she’s getting the more accurate one this morning for reassurance. She’s doing ok right now. We are being real careful and on pins and needles until this other test comes in. I feel fine as of now. No problems with little Pete. This virus can go to hell.Talk to you later buddy, hopefully:smiley: We have been locked down like a tick, so I think she’s going to be ok. I think maybe a nasal infection produced by bad allergies over last few months. Take care buddy.

GLAD TO HEAR THE MISSES IS DOING OK ALONG WITH LTL PETE…

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown