bilge pump-----really?

My bilge pump finally gave up the ghost. I got on amazon looking for a new one and there it was a Rule 1100GPH for a smoking price. Free shipping and two day delivery! what a deal. Well it got here in two days and it LOOKED like a rule. Red white and blue with 1100 gph printed on top. But that’s where it stopped. the box only had “bilge pump” printed on it and no brand name. Oh and BTW about the only identifier was a sticker saying those loving three little words “made in china”. Rules are made in the good ole USA. It did snap into the rule strainer and seems to work well. Time will tell if it will last.

Bottom line, be very careful about stuff on the internet. It aint always what it seems.

Rule Pumps, Now owned and produced under Xylem, which owns a “global industrial manufacturing company” with annual sells exceeding 3 billion, JABSCO. Which produces marine pumps, toilets, lights and blowers in England, Mexico and…China ONLY. NONE of “Rule” branded pumps are made in the good ol’ USA.

Sorry but hopefully you must realize that a GLOBAL manufacturing/supply company of any kind can not support a global market from the good ol USA. I’ve been in Manufacturing for almost 40 years, and first hand experience tells me that 1100gph bilge pump if I had to make domestically would cost you $250.00+ US, you paid $50-$60? Pretty good deal!

I Have had to tell customer many times over the years “I can’t make for that”.

Got a Harley?..A lot of parts made in Japan, Mexico and Yep, CHINA. F-150??? only about 60% “American” made. And for the GM lovers, Sierra, Silverado?..Mexican. RAM?.. probably the same Saltillo, Mexico plant, or across the street.

Rawlings baseballs, Levis jeans, Crafstman tools, Fender Stratocasters…Not made in USA.

Look on the bright side, at least that nasty Bud Light you’re drinkin’ is brewed in Texas! Thanks USA!

Not hatin’ Just Sayin’

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing in the surf like an idiot."

Crazy stuff, DP. Thanks for the insight!

NN

</font id=“size6”>WE

used to make engines that didn’t need a computer…tail light bulbs that didn’t stop working in a year…planned obsolescence at its’ finest.

Cheap labor doesn’t equate to quality.

Make sure you got a good bucket/manual bilge pump…50 miles off shore.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

There is so much counterfeit stuff on the internet, its hard to know what is legit anymore. A buddy of mine bought what he thought was a name brand optic for a rifle. NOPE, a not very well made fake. When he attempted to return it, he could not get any response. I checked the website and found Russian writing at the bottom of the web page. He said he never saw that and would not have ordered if he had. My sister’s bf works for an international corporation. He said one of the biggest problems in the corporate world now if China reverse engineering legitimate products and then selling them as real. They are almost never made as well.

We kind of did this to ourselves, moving so much of our manufacturing over seas.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

It’s not a bad idea to have a back up billage pump to switch out in case of emergency. China also does factory buy outs. Some name brands produce what they think will sell all at once and then sell all the machinery and close the factory. China buys, makes knock offs and sells ten times as many at a fifth the price. They also have a problem with factories running after ours and making things off the books. These are usually the good knock offs that have the little corners cut. Like everything is made the same but the trade out quality parts for cheaper parts. Things like zippers, buttons, paint, grade of metal is where t takes a hit. I watched a show on how to identify good knock offs and avoid being scammed.

I honestly think the made in America thing is overrated and the made in asia is overrated as all junk. You can get quality or trash goods from anywhere. When purchase online you have to be real careful not to get tricked by fake reviews and other stuff

We still make those motors… ONly we can not use them. Old school mechanical injection pumps and They get shipped overseas to run on high sulfur fuels. IMO one of the best Big Truck engines ever made the Cat four and quarter is still being made. Just not put in our trucks. As a matter of fact Cat has no engines being made to run in our big rigs. Cost to re tool and the market was just not there… So they continue to make the engines only they ship em overseas.

People worried about the green new deal need to push their thoughts abroad, not here in the U.S. were we have some of the cleanest emission in the world.

That comment on the Harleys by dparker spot on… It was always the big bragging point that they are AMERICAN bikes, unfortunately the brakes and clutch are imported from Italy, the engine pistons are made in Austria, the bike suspension comes from Japan, and other electronic components originate in Mexico and China.

I’m pretty exclusive on Snap-on tools with a few craftsman, matco, and mac thrown in the mix. All the modern blue point sold by snap on are overseas, and many of the snap-on branded tools are foreign.