Weekend Limits of SC Trout

Actually, it was last Thursday. A buddy of mine and I launched a little before high tide. I didn’t have my wading gear so we decided to fish out of the boat. The first place we stopped was on fire. His first case and my first both produced bites…and the tide had not even changed yet. We were both fishing plastic. In 3-4 hours, we caught 62 trout. There were quite a few that were obviously too short. We caught 34 over 14". We kept two limits (20) for a fish fry on Saturday night. They were delicious.

You two old codgers are he!! ,y’all really know how to live it up.

We really did have a good time…after we overcame a few challenges. First, his trim tabs were stuck in the DOWN position, so we just eased along with the bow down. Then, at our first stop, we realized the spot lock feature on his electric motor was not working. No worries…we’d just use the power pole. We were fishing on a hard bottom (shells) and the wind was blowing so hard the power pole was just dragging across the bottom. Finally, we resorted to the Danforth anchor…see the rope on the floor of the boat. No telling how many we could’ve caught if all our equipment had been in working order. LOL

Harold Wilcox www.haroldshogwash.com

Way to fight through the hiccups, the fishing has been pretty good lately!

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!