Bushy Park Early weekend fishing

Saturday morning 6:45 Got to Bushy Park and the winds were high but that didn’t matter because my mind set was on catfish because I had that taste for them. Got to my hole and got about four and then set out for game fish with this TIDE being the highest I think I’ve seen in Bushy, Anyway I managed a few reds, striper (small) and met a gentlemen whom we were trailing each other on a couple banks. He had a 22" red that he offered as we chatted and I let him know I’ll tag and release cause today was a catch and release day for me other than those CF for dinner and this weekend.
Sunday got to the waters around the same time and throwed that 4" swim mullet and managed 6 nice Trouts and just as I were getting ready to leave I saw Tom whom we run into each other at Bushy, Flag, Clowder or The Creek. Very personable guy to fish around. Anyway back home by 10:30 before the misty showers. Man do I enjoy fishing more with this pandemic upon us and a great get away and we can chat with social distancing on the waters. All continue to be safe!!

This is a whiting I pulled out the freezer and it was Tasty

Yea, the wind pushed that already high tide right on up the chute… The wind was miserable yesterday, glad you got to get out and enjoy some fishing. I can’t make a post for the last week but my fishing has been pretty good as well. I wish I ate fish sometimes when I see these dishes looking so nice, thanks for sharing!

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

Fatrat,

I was there Saturday afternoon we launched out of Bushy for an evening joyride around 3:30pm. I notice in addition to the construction on the freshwater parking area they now started on the Saltwater side and had it all dug up. Got me wondering, if they are sinking all that money into the parking area - will they invest in dredging that area? I keep hearing rumors, heard it again Saturday, that they will dredge - has anyone heard any solid news on this?

We love this ramp due to proximity to home and fishing spots so having that dredged would be a dream come true!

Yeah, my wife and I bought all the fixins for fish tacos on Friday evening knowing we were fishing Saturday.
The wind was pretty tough and once the water started moving it was moving pretty good!

We got out at low tide and fished four hours of the tide coming in. We just needed ONE KEEPER for fish tacos.

She caught one red that maybe - with the tail pinched- might go 14 - 7/8. So, it got returned and we stopped at Sewee Outpost and picked up a pkge of frozen flounder at $7.99 a lb. :grimacing:

We were throwing soft plastics. Talked to a couple guys at the ramp who caught enough for a fry using mud minnows on a Carolina rig.