Benefits of Braid Vs. Mono

I am re-outfitting. All new rods and reels. Should I go all braid on the reels? What braid is the best? I've bought two of everything. Should I put braid on one and mono on the other? Everything from 6lb ultralight, to 80lb deep drop bottom fishing! All Penn reels. Battle II 1000 & 2000. Spinfisher Vi 4500, 5500, 6500 7500 & 9500. Braid (What Kind), or Mono????
Replies

• <<
  • <
  • of 2 pages
Braid for almost everything except inwater finesse fishing, then light flouro carbon. Light flouro carbon gets way more bites then. Power pro is pretty reliable, strong and easy to get. Trolling you want a topshot, wind on leader, most other things a short casting leader works.
On heavier gear, I still use some Yozuri Hybrid, and mainly because it does have some stretch. I like it for tossing crankbaits, instead of braid, because for one reason, braid tends to cause hooks to pull loose on crankbaits,EMPTY HAND CASTER (107 / 108 / 109) - HCASTER-XXX and trebles always seem to find that braid and get tangled more often than with a mono type line.
Last edited by ylk1x78o

• <<
  • <
  • of 2 pages