Logos on hull

In the process of searching for a new boat. Seeing some out there that would fit the budget, but taking my time and doing the research. I’ve saved several listings that look great, if it weren’t for big obnoxious names/logos on the sides. Wondering if anyone has experience removing logos from a boat they’ve purchased. From what I’ve heard, the actual logo removal is fairly easy…light heat from a hairdryer over the edge of the logo and slowly pull it off.

My concern is whether or not the logo will still show after removal due to the hull color fading and/or slight staining around the logo while it was on there? My gut tells me this may be more of an issue with a darker color hull than a lighter color or white, but want to be sure.

If it is noticeable after removing, or if it starts to show over time, is there a cheaper way to deal with it than getting the hull professionally polished? Thanks for any advice.

Of course the newer the boat the less difference there will be.
I had a 30-ft Stratus that had aquaholic down the side of it. It had been on there several years. Was quite noticeable after I removed it.Sanded with 1000 grit sandpaper. Then went to harbor freight and bought a cheap buffer and buffed the whole side out looked brand new.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

22 life’s a day

EXACTLY AS OTC SAID , EASY AS PIE , A LITTLE TIME AND IT’LL LOOK LIKE NEW…

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Just hit the dock a few times…you’ll forget about it. Fish can’t read…so says Pea Pad.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

MD you speaking from experance!

And if you rename it, nothing with “knot”, “reel”, “aqua” anything and no sexual innuendos.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

Word Police. Knot yo biddness.
Money Pit should come standard from the factory.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

Glad you found spell check and are still alive. When we have some beers with OTC (Off The Chain for Pea Pad and you)…you can teach him about that.
I never been one to care about a boats looks. Just so it went out and came back.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

you dirty sob. you know I’m tied up with holiday festivities.

i never understood those logos. buy a new boat, pimp it out like a gheto escalade.

You’re being REELY annoying.

Once saw a boat named “****** Beach” down in the Keys. Can’t imagine what kind of person would name a boat something like that.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?