Tides

Just a quick question for you guys. Wanted to know if the king tides still going on? Wanting to come down to Charleston this weekend and do some sheephead fishing but don’t wanna make a 2.5 hr trip if tides are still high.

Last King Tide was Tuesday.

http://www.saltwatertides.com/dynamic.dir/scarolinasites.html

What are you worried about tides for? I’ve heard you can catch fish in a parking lot.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

Thanks for the info Stlhunr:+1:

DFreedom, You have me rolling over here… Yeahhhh you might be right but them high flood tides beat me down every time. Yeah I am itching to go sheephead fishing. They calling me. I wanted to hit Lake Greenwood for some crappie and white bass but I think I want some saltwater action this weekend

I got a few sheep’s spots and one of them is best with big tides, one doesn’t matter because it’s only good at low. The spot with the pilings you go to always is tough fishing for me, no matter the tide. Try both sides of the structure you decide to fish if you fish during the heavy tide. Sometimes they feed in the slack water behind the structure but sometimes the feed on the current side and pick stuff off as it gets swept into the structure.