ICW at Myrtle Beach

Next weekend I am staying at a campground just off of Hwy 544 in MB & it is on the ICW. I have never fished the ICW that far up from saltwater.
Anybody know what could I expect to catch this time of year that far in?

[navy]Sportsman Masters 207 Yamaha F150[/navy]

Catch you some brim and find a deep hole catfish catfish and bigger catfish. I’ve also caught some nice bass up there.
Oh about forgot you might stumble upon some stripers also.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

22 life’s a day

Thanks for the help. I figured there would be catfish, definitely give them a try.

Didn’t get to fish at the campground because of the water height. They have 4 docks, 2 were under water & the other 2 had about 1 ft depth of water between it & dry land. You couldn’t even see the boat ramp, wouldn’t even know one was there. I think between the tides & some rain the water was way up. Going back this weekend again so maybe it will be back to normal. Did take the kids to the South end of Pawleys to play & tried there. The inlet side was full of people fishing, surprised that many people out this time of year. I hit the surf but with no luck, gave up after an hour.

I don’t think your water levels are going to get any better. We had a ton of rain in the upstate last night.
Not exactly sure where the campground is at. But there is a nice public landing at the end of Enterprise road. Just down from the waccatee zoo.
The north end of pawleys island at the inlet the last 2 hours of low tide is really really good trout fishing. There is a little boat ramp there. Good for launching small boats or kayaks parking is very limited. Or just walk down to the end and fish off the rocks.

22 life’s a day

Thanks OTC, I have fished the North end in the past & always did fairly well. I have tried the South end 5 or 6 times with no luck.
We had some really heavy rains at my house this morning so I think it may be the same next weekend.

To my surprise the water had went back down by Thursday afternoon. I fished Friday & Saturday morning but no luck. I guess the dirty water or the drop in temperature may have turned them off or it could just be me, ha…

I wimped out this weekend. Probably give it a shot Wednesday.

22 life’s a day

https://youtu.be/gx8e6V4iihk

Here’s a video of limb lining for catfish on the ICW in Myrtle beach. I really like this guy. He’s really adventurous and travels all over.

On a whim, he stayed with this family in between shoots because the little kid is a big fan.

I lived at the ocean end of 544 in Prestwick subdivision and fished the ICW many times for bass. Up in the swamp around the old rice locks on a 3/16 jig head and a craw pappy. At dusk and dawn topwater provide some quick action. If you get bit, set the hook and nothing but line then you just got bit by a bowfin.

There is another public ramp south of the one past the zoo if you want to go after trout. It’s closer to Pawleys island and the run isn’t bad to get into some trout there.

I always went after bass because that’s all I knew at the time.

There used to be a bait shop on the right side of business 17. Stay on 544 towards the ocean but take a right at business 17 and it’s in a little white building before you get to the split where you can go to the restaurants in Murrels inlet. He was always helpful when I was in there and quick to tell you where to go and what to use.

Hope that’s helpful.

Thanks for all the info, I think we will probably stay there again in the Spring so that will be helpful.