12/22/20 Afternoon Redfish Bite

Took the kayak out on Tuesday from one of the landings on DI. I got on the water right around high tide so I made my way up a small tidal creek to do a bit of exploring. I was throwing a white fluke on an EWG with a bullet weight on it and I also brought along some leftover frozen shrimp. Had no luck in the small creek so I paddled out of the marsh to my favorite place to fish in this particular creek. I tossed the shrimp out on a bottom rig and kept throwing the fluke and almost immediatly got some action on the shrimp. Ended up hooking into a 16" red and after I dealt with him I reset the bottom bait and went back to throwing the fluke. My artificial got destroyed the next cast but the fish didn’t connect with the hook. Luckily before I could finish reeling back in my bottom rig went off again and I ended up bringing in a nicer 18" red. I ended the day with an oyster toadfish as the sun was setting.

Hopefully we will have some warmer weather soon so I can get back on the water! I have more pictures on my Instagram so if y’all would like to check it out, the link is https://www.instagram.com/srgoprovideos/

I post pretty frequently so enjoy!