1994 14' Carolina Skiff

How long should a hull like this last kept outside will little to no maintenance? How do you know when it’s time to replace?

Thanks

Had a 1996 16" C S the 40 Suzuki finally gave out again after the 2nd rebuild and third foot, i probably should have repowered it. I never had a minuets trouble out of the Hull. It was never in a shed or covered and put through heck. Maybe not as long lived or desirable as a Boston Whaler, but a long lived hull. I’ve heard some getting water logged after putting holes in the transom and not sealing them proper. ?

Thanks. It’s not water logged.

I’m 39 and plan to be fishing for years to come. If I’m going to have to buy a new hull I’d like to do it before I repower this one. I want to be safe but don’t really want to have to spend a lot of money if I don’t need to.

in the grass,

i have a '97 J-14. it’s been outside the whole time. no problems here. its been a sturdy workhorse. maybe waxed once. rinsed after every trip. all is fine. I’ve only owned 4 or 5 boats. this one’s been the least maintenance.

the trailer is another story.

Went by pea’s house today

Hey peapod , I hope you don’t mind, I got a few oysters off your lease old buddy.The CS looks like it’s holding up pretty good, I left a jar of likker under the bow,better get out there and put it up before 7 sees this message.

thanks buddy. i had no idea they made a $3 handle of rye

You are gonna have to turn me onto that $3.oo rye. I’m paying $16 bucks for my handle of R&R reserve. We used to pay a load master $4.00 for a gallon of Rum from Purto Rico when they went… But it wasn’t worth any more than $2.