Some Things I Do When I'm Not Posting on CF Numerous Times Daily

Hobby Time.

First things First. Find yourself some green hams and clean them up good. I like 25 pounders, during the cure they will shed about 25% of their weight.

Then you build a suitable box, maple and oak work best but poplar will do. This one is on its 7th year and holds 150 pounds of hams pretty good.

Then you rub them down good with the secret sauce, place in the box, and cover with more curing stuff.

Then, just Shut the box up and wait...

Last edited by HEAD ADMINISTRATOR--Edisto Fisher
Replies

Oh pickled eggs. I haven't done that in a long time. I need to go find my big jar.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
Looking past the sarcasm, One of the best posts in a bit imo. Used to post up a few daily pics of things I do, but most seem to see it as a Brag, so I quit. Now you need to build a smoke house. Basement and Walleye? You aint living in the low country. I've heard some of our Up state lakes have Walleye? If that is what it is. The best eating fresh water fish In America. Used to know a little restaurant that had them every Friday night. All you could eat plus fries.. $10.99.

This sight has really changed over the years. It now seems that when you post at a steady pace, others bash you for it. Wonder how much those people face book? Any way, keep the pics coming! Originally posted by Fred67

Hey fred. Since when do you give a flip about somebody talking BS.

Let's see some pictures of Chevy. I think I still have a good 4 bolt 350 & heads if needed.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
Hey Fred. Don't let the handful of jackasses here get you down. They are a minority and I keep hoping decent folks will just start ignoring them and maybe they will go away and pollute some other site.

KEEP POSTING!

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?
Hey Fred. Don't let the handful of jackasses here get you down. They are a minority and I keep hoping decent folks will just start ignoring them and maybe they will go away and pollute some other site.

KEEP POSTING!
1000000000000000000000000000000000000000% AGREE FRED

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?Originally posted by DFreedom

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see "Old Glory" waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero's that makes it wave.
author unknown
OFC,Sitting on 6 seasoned 4 bolt main sbc. We have swapped to the 602 sealed crate motor. $3800 and pretty much bullet proof. Keeps the tech guys away. We still run one built motor. Took 3rd in points this year and a few first places. As much as you and I thought the sbc 202 Camel hump heads were so great... You can hit up the junk yard and find a set of vortex heads that will more than outperform a set of "worked" camel humps.

I'm still a Ford guy, but Chevys are cheaper to work on... Had a guy come up to me and offer enough cash to let the Lightning go.. I was a bit sad, but it won't cost me tires or a ticket any more.

Last ford motor I've built was a 300 six for a friend a waste of money IMO but he wanted to..

I do transmissions too..
and body work..

Got Three more Tractors to put back together I love the older ones this one is a 1953 Golden Jubilee. Ive got a 1964 High boy 2000, a 1974 diesel 3000, an 8N, and a 1958 601. The wife sarcastically calls them my treasures... I have a bunch of old implements for them, that really need to go to the scrape yard if steel prices come back up.

Sometimes we travel, this was my father in laws old place in New Hampshire.

Garden stuff

Did a 1/4 acre of zinnias and sunflowers.

We love our dogs and chickens... I had to get ride of the Guinee's, they just got to be to aggravating.

Hope everyone has a blessed 2021, I still have the same resolution.... Loose a little weight and help where those I can. Maybe see if I can get past being the lowest of the low. LOL. Gonna try and take mdaddys and a few others advice... try being the big word.
Last edited by Fred67
Dang. you got a lot of irons in the fire. I'm surprised on how many people I know of that restore tractor. The 8n seems to be pretty popular. Pretty cool hobby.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
Wow Fred, thats pretty impressive. I had no idea you were so accomplished. I owned a diesel repair shop about ten years ago, we mostly worked on big trucks and heavy equipment so I can really appreciate some of the man toys I see in those pics. Fine job sir.

Dang. you got a lot of irons in the fire. I'm surprised on how many people I know of that restore tractor. The 8n seems to be pretty popular. Pretty cool hobby.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a dayOriginally posted by Off the chain

Slowed way down on home projects. Work projects took over. The 8N came out in July 1947, and became the most popular farm tractor of all time in North America. Over 530,000 8Ns were sold. Tough as nails and pretty simple tractors. A lot still out there. The Golden Jubilee and 600 series took it's place in 1953.
Sweet collection, Fred! I thought the Golden Jubilee's were only made in '52-'53? And the first Fords with "live" PTO? Live PTO was a game changer, and a life saver.
Wow Fred, thats pretty impressive. I had no idea you were so accomplished. I owned a diesel repair shop about ten years ago, we mostly worked on big trucks and heavy equipment so I can really appreciate some of the man toys I see in those pics. Fine job sir.

Originally posted by HEAD ADMINISTRATOR--Edisto Fisher

Don't know about accomplished, but I'm a fair mechanic on most anything gas or diesel, and hope good father/husband. way back when I was still Cummins warranty certified I probably built 40-50 5.9's. One heck of a work horse. Don't take a lot of pics while at work, just play around on this sight while sitting by the computer looking up parts or on hold. A lot of time gets spent on the phone lately. I've got 12 Semi's I look after, plus farm, racing and logging equipment. Last engine rebuild was an older Kenworth with an ISX. Most all the "fleet' is under warrantee so that just leaves services, tires and brakes. I know I spend a lot of time here, but I don't face book other than the crude messages sent to me by a few old friends that I pass on to other old friends.

My life sure doesn't revolve around Politics like I let it on this sight. Other than I do listen to Mark Levin most every morning.

Some times I get to weld things, decent at it, but We did take on a new guy from Jersey that is fantastic at any type of welding/ fabricating. He also has relieved me of a lot of race car duty.

Some times I have to change big tires.

and the wife makes fantastic pickled eggs. Gives her something to do with all the surplus eggs and gives me ammunition for my grandson. He gets really mad before he starts laughing when I fart by him.

The glass on the right is an avocado sprout the wife is working on