Some Things I Do When I'm Not Posting on CF Numerous Times Daily

Hobby Time.

First things First. Find yourself some green hams and clean them up good. I like 25 pounders, during the cure they will shed about 25% of their weight.

Then you build a suitable box, maple and oak work best but poplar will do. This one is on its 7th year and holds 150 pounds of hams pretty good.

Then you rub them down good with the secret sauce, place in the box, and cover with more curing stuff.

Then, just Shut the box up and wait...

Last edited by HEAD ADMINISTRATOR--Edisto Fisher
Replies

No one can accuse you of being a couch potato...

I was going to ask why more people don't post up some of their hobbies. But I figured. I might should let that go.Don't want to see no one sitting in their underwear playing on there computer....

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
Last edited by Off the chain
Sweet collection, Fred! I thought the Golden Jubilee's were only made in '52-'53? And the first Fords with "live" PTO? Live PTO was a game changer, and a life saver.Originally posted by Mixed Nutz

Thank you. I've been through a bunch picked up dirt cheap before the Huge Increase in Scrap prices from obumas cash for clunker fiasco. Most were "mary K'd" and put on E bay.

52-54 was all NAA, but 1953 was the actual "golden Jubilee" and more sought after. No live PTO, that showed up in 1959 I think, but only on select tractors at that time. They have an overrun adapter for them that is a must if you are running anything with the pto. With out it, unless you get it out of gear quick(which it's usually under a bind and wont come out) it will continue to push you until the pto quits turning. I couldn't tell you the times it has bogged me down getting hung on a stump or structure. Seen Dad run one into a pond. Best $60 ever for the overrun adapter.
THIS IS A GREAT THREAD.

maybe there's hope for this site yet.

thanks for the post & pix EF and Fred. impressive.
Man, the "Peapod Seal of Approval". It can't get any better than that...…………………...can it?

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?
Rolled them around today and repacked with the cure. This is the second roll at around 15 to 20 days

The wood box is sucking up moisture like its supposed to

Supposed to Snow Tonight,,,,,,

but I can't talk about that right now.

Evidently they have broached the parameter and are approaching the Rotunda.

I'll keep you informed on a need to know basis

As you were

Crazy how curious deer can get. Specially the nannys.

So your "secret" sauce.. I can see pepper seeds. and the "cure" is it regular salt or with the added sodium nitrate? Not looking for secrets, I'm not going to do it, on a sodium restricted diet and like fresh port over ham, just curious. smile Had a lot of the salt cured ham growing up spending the night at Grandma's. Browned in the skillet, then with some runny eggs, grits and toast. good stuff.

So your "secret" sauce.. I can see pepper seeds. and the "cure" is it regular salt or with the added sodium nitrate? Not looking for secrets, I'm not going to do it, on a sodium restricted diet and like fresh port over ham, just curious. smile Had a lot of the salt cured ham growing up spending the night at Grandma's. Browned in the skillet, then with some runny eggs, grits and toast. good stuff. Originally posted by Fred67

Not looking for secrets..BS
We all want to know........

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day

So your "secret" sauce.. I can see pepper seeds. and the "cure" is it regular salt or with the added sodium nitrate? Not looking for secrets, I'm not going to do it, on a sodium restricted diet and like fresh port over ham, just curious. smile Had a lot of the salt cured ham growing up spending the night at Grandma's. Browned in the skillet, then with some runny eggs, grits and toast. good stuff. Originally posted by Fred67

Giving my recipe is no big secret sir. It's just like sharing my offshore numbers with Phinn and Skinny. They still can't catch my fish, LOL.

The salt has to be non iodine, thats really important. The pink salt needs to be #2, or prague #2 as it's sometimes called......without it the meat will get rancid pretty fast. This is the recipe I use for 150 pounds of hams.

Oh yeah, it's snowing.

Man, the "Peapod Seal of Approval". It can't get any better than that...…………………...can it?

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?Originally posted by DFreedom

I apologize for his outburst. I'll lock his account again.

As you were gentlemen.....

"Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality." --Peepod 07-25-2017