Advice from boat owners with toddlers

Planning on a boat purchase in the next 2-3 months. I have a 2.5 year old at home who is almost as excited as me to get a new boat. Wondering if anyone has experience boating with a child and can recommend a quality comfortable pfd for kids this age.

I might be putting the cart before the horse since I don't have the boat yet, but I know once we do pull the trigger I won't want to delay the maiden voyage searching for a PFD comfortable enough for my son not to fuss about it. Thanks in advance.
Replies

I bought all 3 kids (1.5/3/5) the lifejackets from Costco... they are great. We have tried many different types but the only thing I will say is make sure its neoprene...they are the most comfortable for kids.
Stay away from the neoprene ones. My kids (5 & 10) hate them. Hot & heavy.

Sportsman Masters 207
Yamaha F150
Took the grandkids to Bass pro shop. Had them try them on.Then had them where them around the store for about 30 minutes while we wandered. After about 10 minutes oldest granddaughter started whining about hers. Went and got another one and she was fine.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
Learn them to swim but not like my pap.He’d take us out to the jetties with old man Westendorf and they would throw us in.haha Girls too,no one ever drowned.
My dad tried that with me. Didn't work sink like a rock. They tried & tried. Even sent me to YMCA. Instructor said I was a brick. I was almost 8 years old before I learned swim. We were at the lake one weekend. Met some other kids that helped me out. Something finally clicked.They had me swimming like a fish in no time.
I was never afraid of the water. my mom said that's what worried her so much about me being a brick.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
As mentioned, get the correct life jacket.

Also, make sure to keep the child in a safe place on the boat while underway.

Enjoy!

NN

Toddlers hate most of them.....the best one we have found for the up to 30 lbs with the head rest was made by Speedo, they didn't seem to mind that one much at all.