giving the 7wt some love

Got the honey do list done in enough time to tie some flies and rig the boat for a trip to the flats. Checked the weather before I left “winds less than 10MPH” is what the weatherman said. Decided to go with the 7wt. Got to the flat just as the tide was moving in (■■■■ weatherman sucks, it was blowing at a good clip). Walked a while and finally saw a tail only to have it vanish. Stood for a while and saw the V wake. It was a long cast into the wind with a 9wt and I was armed with a 7. However all those days down at the park casting into hula hoops payed off as the fly rolled out one 2 feet in front of the wake. A couple strips and the fish was on. After a sporty battle I snaped a couple pics and he was on his way. With little light I made my way back to the boat and more importantly, the beer in it. A good day.

Gotta love it…even though I am wating for my firt tail…redfish that is.

Keep casting.

very nice! I am hoping to get one on the fly while I am there next week, tell the weather to calm down for me, ok:smiley:

Far better it is to dare mighty things to win glorious triumphs even though checkered with failure, than to take ranks with those poor spirits who never enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Nicely done!!! I wish I hadn’t been being social and gotten to go with you.

I hate you chad… that is all…

Mad Mike

"to hell with insane… I’m OUTsane!!! "

do i have to be in a boat to get to some of these fish?
I am not really sure of my bearings in the area but you can PM me where I might be able to wade fish with a fly, when I come up there next week.
Thanks

Far better it is to dare mighty things to win glorious triumphs even though checkered with failure, than to take ranks with those poor spirits who never enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

When you say next week, what dates? The next cycle will kick off on the 17th or 18th depending on where you fish. Having a boat will certainly allow you to cover more ground and be more productive. The very few walk-in flats in the area are super hush hush and none that I know of will be holding water till the 18th. If you have a boat, you may be able to get some low tide fish around oyster bars and creek mouths. Early morning poppers can produce as well. Good luck.

“Fishing is alot like sex…when its good,it’s really good, and when its bad, its still pretty good.”

May you lose the backcast and hit yourself between the shoulder blades with a LARGE clouser. Well Done.

“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.”
“Government always finds a need for whatever money it gets.”
“Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.”
“Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite ay one end and no responsibility at the other.”
“Government’s first duty is to protect the people, not run their live.”
The Gipper

Yall don’t hate. . . . . .did I mention this guy I caught the previous day:smiley:. Was not as much of a fight on the 9wt though. I can’t wait till the next cycle.:sunglasses:

“Fishing is alot like sex…when its good,it’s really good, and when its bad, its still pretty good.”