Striper fishing

CharlestonFishing.Com
https://www.charlestonfishing.com/forums/Topic/Posts/182852?pagenum=1
11/16/19 19:23

Topic

SanteeCarl
Striper fishing
10/08/19 14:33

Season is back on......let's chat about catching Stripers...............where??? schooling???? live bait or plugs????

I am new to fishing this area -- but I will post when I find the fish......I usually downrod with herring or gizzards....but will try some spoons this year.....

Replies ...

fracas714
10/08/19 21:50

Caught 5 with three keepers, down lines by the dam. Follow the channel from the dam to the markers.
boatpoor
10/09/19 1:40

Thanks Carl, Good luck! Its getting striper time!
SanteeCarl
10/29/19 4:11

When you say dam --- that's the Lake Marion dam.??????? I have never fished there.....years ago in front of dam at Lake Moultrie in the deep water.....so, I guess I need to dig my map out and look for the dam on Marion......what were you using -- down rods or free lines......herring for bait???

fracas714
10/30/19 9:56

I use down rods with shad, the stripers are moving into the creeks now, try Wyboo, Potatoe or TawCaw. I also put a free line or two out the back of the boat.
SanteeCarl
10/30/19 12:14

good info.......I am leaving for Tennessee to fish Lake Cherokee............but will be back next week to start fishing Lake Marion......hope the weather turns a little colder.....I'm ready to see some schooling activity.......

pitcher
10/30/19 14:53

Carl, a couple of weeks ago my son found them schooling in the Diversion Canal. Wasn’t any specific spot, he was fishing for largemouth in a few areas and followed them around when they were busting bait.

Most were caught on topwater baits.
© CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC