CharlestonFishing.Com
https://www.charlestonfishing.com/forums/Topic/Posts/184938?pagenum=1
03/02/21 21:20

Topic

HEAD ADMINISTRATOR--Edisto Fisher
Some Things I Do When I'm Not Posting on CF Numerous Times Daily
12/30/20 22:15

Hobby Time.

First things First. Find yourself some green hams and clean them up good. I like 25 pounders, during the cure they will shed about 25% of their weight.

Then you build a suitable box, maple and oak work best but poplar will do. This one is on its 7th year and holds 150 pounds of hams pretty good.

Then you rub them down good with the secret sauce, place in the box, and cover with more curing stuff.

Then, just Shut the box up and wait...

Replies ...

Richard Beer Froth
12/30/20 22:45

Oh boi...

Seen it all now...

The Head Administer is now advertising he plays with his own meat as a hobby...

Don't go getting bent outta shape, and start calling me salty... I'm just Hamming it up...

RBF

No, many military choose not to vote because they are too lazy to.
Originally posted by Fred67
DoubleN
12/30/20 22:57

Interested to see the outcome. How long do they have to cure??

Post up some pics of previous cures, IYDM. Sliced picsthumbsUp

Thanks for posting.
NN
Off the chain
12/30/20 23:38

inquiring minds want to know. SECRET SAUCE ?????
Nobody here will tell.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
DoubleN
12/31/20 0:15

inquiring minds want to know. SECRET SAUCE ?????
Nobody here will tell.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a dayOriginally posted by Off the chain

Ha, that would be a PLUS.

Do ya have to keep that in a temp controlled environment??

Trying to poke the pig, and make em squeal.

NN
Mixed Nutz
12/31/20 0:29

Salt Curing a Ham is a novel idea now?

WOW....
Mixed Nutz
12/31/20 0:31

The reason they lose 25%, is you have to cut off the molded areas.
12/31/20 0:44

Interested to see the outcome. How long do they have to cure??

Post up some pics of previous cures, IYDM. Sliced picsthumbsUp

Thanks for posting.
NNOriginally posted by DoubleN

They stay covered in the cure a day and a half per pound, add a day for each day the temp drops under 32 degrees. When they come out of the saltbox they get brushed off well, placed in socks hock down, then hung in my barn to go thru the "sweat" until it gets warmer in the spring and I move them into the cellar.

The metal rectangles above the hams are varmint deflectors.

DoubleN
12/31/20 0:51

Salt Curing a Ham is a novel idea now?

WOW....Originally posted by Mixed Nutz

Yep, just like someone processing the wildlife they harvest and posting on here or YouTube. Then turning it into Steaks, burger, jerky, sausage, and a variety of other smoked links and more.

Pretty cool, IMO.

NN

DoubleN
12/31/20 0:53

The reason they lose 25%, is you have to cut off the molded areas.Originally posted by Mixed Nutz

That's BS, or Pig ****.

RBF hack your login??

NN
12/31/20 1:01

Moving right along, around the end of March or by mid April at the latest they have to be moved into a bug free environment. The old guys wrapped them in brown paper and continued the sweat in whatever cool place they had. I have an underground basement where the temp stays in the mid 50's year round. When the larders (thats a lard beatle) come out they go in the cellar. Here is the last one from last year

After they hang and age until the following November or so you can take them down, clean them up, and give them to folks that appreciate that kind of stuff.

Its actually a lot less mold than you might imagine. The weight loss is osmosis actually.

DoubleN
12/31/20 1:10

Hey, MN, you run to Wal-Mart as I'm on the way to Edisto to snag one....

Well done!! Looks Awesome!

NN
Richard Beer Froth
12/31/20 1:10

Have you weighted them before and after, or maybe you aren't doing it correctly...

https://www.meatsandsausages.com/hams-other-meats/dry

Since dry curing draws out moisture, it reduces ham weight by at least 18% - usually 20 to 25%

RBF

12/31/20 1:13

Hey, MN, you run to Wal-Mart as I'm on the way to Edisto to snag one....

Well done!! Looks Awesome!

NNOriginally posted by DoubleN

Pretty much

gail wins
12/31/20 1:14

THE BEST HAM AROUND UNLESS YA KNOW THE SUGAR CUREING METHOD.. LOSEING 25% WEIGHT IS FROM THE SALT PULLING THE WATER AND MOISTURE OUT OF THE MEAT...

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see "Old Glory" waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero's that makes it wave.
author unknown
Richard Beer Froth
12/31/20 1:15

THE BEST HAM AROUND UNLESS YA KNOW THE SUGAR CUREING METHOD.. LOSEING 25% WEIGHT IS FROM THE SALT PULLING THE WATER AND MOISTURE OUT OF THE MEAT...
Originally posted by gail wins

Ding, ding, and we have the winner!

Much better result...

RBF

RBF

12/31/20 2:00

Yeah, so anyway I got lots of hobbies. I would highly recommend them.

As you were

DFreedom
12/31/20 14:47

That's actually pretty cool and, you can set hams aside to eat throughout the year, use as gifts, etc.. I'd say fishing is my hobby but haven't done any the past year but, hoping to improve upon that in 2021. I do dabble in woodturning and stained glass and the occasional woodworking project as well as a lot of DIY stuff around the house.

Keep smoking em!

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?
Fred67
12/31/20 15:40

Looking past the sarcasm, One of the best posts in a bit imo. Used to post up a few daily pics of things I do, but most seem to see it as a Brag, so I quit. Now you need to build a smoke house. Basement and Walleye? You aint living in the low country. I've heard some of our Up state lakes have Walleye? If that is what it is. The best eating fresh water fish In America. Used to know a little restaurant that had them every Friday night. All you could eat plus fries.. $10.99.

This sight has really changed over the years. It now seems that when you post at a steady pace, others bash you for it. Wonder how much those people face book? Any way, keep the pics coming!
7cs
12/31/20 16:27

EF, you heard from StressRelief lately? I'd like to have a chest made.
12/31/20 22:02

EF, you heard from StressRelief lately? I'd like to have a chest made.Originally posted by 7cs

In my best Obi Wan Kenobi voice,,,,,,,,,,,"Now Thats A Name I Haven't Heard In A Long Time. A Long Time"

Check your PM's
Off the chain
12/31/20 23:27

Oh pickled eggs. I haven't done that in a long time. I need to go find my big jar.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
Off the chain
01/01/21 2:22

Looking past the sarcasm, One of the best posts in a bit imo. Used to post up a few daily pics of things I do, but most seem to see it as a Brag, so I quit. Now you need to build a smoke house. Basement and Walleye? You aint living in the low country. I've heard some of our Up state lakes have Walleye? If that is what it is. The best eating fresh water fish In America. Used to know a little restaurant that had them every Friday night. All you could eat plus fries.. $10.99.

This sight has really changed over the years. It now seems that when you post at a steady pace, others bash you for it. Wonder how much those people face book? Any way, keep the pics coming! Originally posted by Fred67

Hey fred. Since when do you give a flip about somebody talking BS.

Let's see some pictures of Chevy. I think I still have a good 4 bolt 350 & heads if needed.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
DFreedom
01/01/21 14:36

Hey Fred. Don't let the handful of jackasses here get you down. They are a minority and I keep hoping decent folks will just start ignoring them and maybe they will go away and pollute some other site.

KEEP POSTING!

gail wins
01/01/21 18:40

Hey Fred. Don't let the handful of jackasses here get you down. They are a minority and I keep hoping decent folks will just start ignoring them and maybe they will go away and pollute some other site.

KEEP POSTING!
1000000000000000000000000000000000000000% AGREE FRED

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?Originally posted by DFreedom

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see "Old Glory" waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero's that makes it wave.
author unknown
Fred67
01/02/21 18:04

OFC,Sitting on 6 seasoned 4 bolt main sbc. We have swapped to the 602 sealed crate motor. $3800 and pretty much bullet proof. Keeps the tech guys away. We still run one built motor. Took 3rd in points this year and a few first places. As much as you and I thought the sbc 202 Camel hump heads were so great... You can hit up the junk yard and find a set of vortex heads that will more than outperform a set of "worked" camel humps.

I'm still a Ford guy, but Chevys are cheaper to work on... Had a guy come up to me and offer enough cash to let the Lightning go.. I was a bit sad, but it won't cost me tires or a ticket any more.

Last ford motor I've built was a 300 six for a friend a waste of money IMO but he wanted to..

I do transmissions too..
and body work..

Got Three more Tractors to put back together I love the older ones this one is a 1953 Golden Jubilee. Ive got a 1964 High boy 2000, a 1974 diesel 3000, an 8N, and a 1958 601. The wife sarcastically calls them my treasures... I have a bunch of old implements for them, that really need to go to the scrape yard if steel prices come back up.

Sometimes we travel, this was my father in laws old place in New Hampshire.

Garden stuff

Did a 1/4 acre of zinnias and sunflowers.

We love our dogs and chickens... I had to get ride of the Guinee's, they just got to be to aggravating.

Hope everyone has a blessed 2021, I still have the same resolution.... Loose a little weight and help where those I can. Maybe see if I can get past being the lowest of the low. LOL. Gonna try and take mdaddys and a few others advice... try being the big word.
Off the chain
01/03/21 12:32

Dang. you got a lot of irons in the fire. I'm surprised on how many people I know of that restore tractor. The 8n seems to be pretty popular. Pretty cool hobby.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
01/03/21 13:20

Wow Fred, thats pretty impressive. I had no idea you were so accomplished. I owned a diesel repair shop about ten years ago, we mostly worked on big trucks and heavy equipment so I can really appreciate some of the man toys I see in those pics. Fine job sir.

Fred67
01/03/21 14:20

Dang. you got a lot of irons in the fire. I'm surprised on how many people I know of that restore tractor. The 8n seems to be pretty popular. Pretty cool hobby.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

Slowed way down on home projects. Work projects took over. The 8N came out in July 1947, and became the most popular farm tractor of all time in North America. Over 530,000 8Ns were sold. Tough as nails and pretty simple tractors. A lot still out there. The Golden Jubilee and 600 series took it's place in 1953.
Mixed Nutz
01/03/21 14:30

Sweet collection, Fred! I thought the Golden Jubilee's were only made in '52-'53? And the first Fords with "live" PTO? Live PTO was a game changer, and a life saver.
Fred67
01/03/21 15:22

Wow Fred, thats pretty impressive. I had no idea you were so accomplished. I owned a diesel repair shop about ten years ago, we mostly worked on big trucks and heavy equipment so I can really appreciate some of the man toys I see in those pics. Fine job sir.

Originally posted by HEAD ADMINISTRATOR--Edisto Fisher

Don't know about accomplished, but I'm a fair mechanic on most anything gas or diesel, and hope good father/husband. way back when I was still Cummins warranty certified I probably built 40-50 5.9's. One heck of a work horse. Don't take a lot of pics while at work, just play around on this sight while sitting by the computer looking up parts or on hold. A lot of time gets spent on the phone lately. I've got 12 Semi's I look after, plus farm, racing and logging equipment. Last engine rebuild was an older Kenworth with an ISX. Most all the "fleet' is under warrantee so that just leaves services, tires and brakes. I know I spend a lot of time here, but I don't face book other than the crude messages sent to me by a few old friends that I pass on to other old friends.

My life sure doesn't revolve around Politics like I let it on this sight. Other than I do listen to Mark Levin most every morning.

Some times I get to weld things, decent at it, but We did take on a new guy from Jersey that is fantastic at any type of welding/ fabricating. He also has relieved me of a lot of race car duty.

Some times I have to change big tires.

and the wife makes fantastic pickled eggs. Gives her something to do with all the surplus eggs and gives me ammunition for my grandson. He gets really mad before he starts laughing when I fart by him.

The glass on the right is an avocado sprout the wife is working on
Off the chain
01/03/21 17:45

No one can accuse you of being a couch potato...

I was going to ask why more people don't post up some of their hobbies. But I figured. I might should let that go.Don't want to see no one sitting in their underwear playing on there computer....

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
Fred67
01/03/21 21:05

Sweet collection, Fred! I thought the Golden Jubilee's were only made in '52-'53? And the first Fords with "live" PTO? Live PTO was a game changer, and a life saver.Originally posted by Mixed Nutz

Thank you. I've been through a bunch picked up dirt cheap before the Huge Increase in Scrap prices from obumas cash for clunker fiasco. Most were "mary K'd" and put on E bay.

52-54 was all NAA, but 1953 was the actual "golden Jubilee" and more sought after. No live PTO, that showed up in 1959 I think, but only on select tractors at that time. They have an overrun adapter for them that is a must if you are running anything with the pto. With out it, unless you get it out of gear quick(which it's usually under a bind and wont come out) it will continue to push you until the pto quits turning. I couldn't tell you the times it has bogged me down getting hung on a stump or structure. Seen Dad run one into a pond. Best $60 ever for the overrun adapter.
PeaPod
01/04/21 12:12

THIS IS A GREAT THREAD.

maybe there's hope for this site yet.

thanks for the post & pix EF and Fred. impressive.
DFreedom
01/05/21 11:11

Man, the "Peapod Seal of Approval". It can't get any better than that...…………………...can it?

01/07/21 23:24

Rolled them around today and repacked with the cure. This is the second roll at around 15 to 20 days

The wood box is sucking up moisture like its supposed to

01/08/21 0:07

Supposed to Snow Tonight,,,,,,

but I can't talk about that right now.

Evidently they have broached the parameter and are approaching the Rotunda.

I'll keep you informed on a need to know basis

As you were

Fred67
01/08/21 11:47

Crazy how curious deer can get. Specially the nannys.

So your "secret" sauce.. I can see pepper seeds. and the "cure" is it regular salt or with the added sodium nitrate? Not looking for secrets, I'm not going to do it, on a sodium restricted diet and like fresh port over ham, just curious. smile Had a lot of the salt cured ham growing up spending the night at Grandma's. Browned in the skillet, then with some runny eggs, grits and toast. good stuff.
Off the chain
01/08/21 13:46

So your "secret" sauce.. I can see pepper seeds. and the "cure" is it regular salt or with the added sodium nitrate? Not looking for secrets, I'm not going to do it, on a sodium restricted diet and like fresh port over ham, just curious. smile Had a lot of the salt cured ham growing up spending the night at Grandma's. Browned in the skillet, then with some runny eggs, grits and toast. good stuff. Originally posted by Fred67

Not looking for secrets..BS
We all want to know........

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
01/08/21 13:54

So your "secret" sauce.. I can see pepper seeds. and the "cure" is it regular salt or with the added sodium nitrate? Not looking for secrets, I'm not going to do it, on a sodium restricted diet and like fresh port over ham, just curious. smile Had a lot of the salt cured ham growing up spending the night at Grandma's. Browned in the skillet, then with some runny eggs, grits and toast. good stuff. Originally posted by Fred67

Giving my recipe is no big secret sir. It's just like sharing my offshore numbers with Phinn and Skinny. They still can't catch my fish, LOL.

The salt has to be non iodine, thats really important. The pink salt needs to be #2, or prague #2 as it's sometimes called......without it the meat will get rancid pretty fast. This is the recipe I use for 150 pounds of hams.

Oh yeah, it's snowing.

23Sailfish
01/08/21 16:41

Man, the "Peapod Seal of Approval". It can't get any better than that...…………………...can it?

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?Originally posted by DFreedom

I apologize for his outburst. I'll lock his account again.

As you were gentlemen.....

"Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality." --Peepod 07-25-2017
Fred67
01/09/21 16:14

Hey, you never did mention where ya got the walleye from. Man I'd love to be able to have a basement. Not so much the snow, but the Wife would be in her glory playing in it. This was from our last big snow

This is why I no longer wear a metal wedding band. Dang near lost my finger.

My future deer stand observation platform, wife won't let me shoot deer close to the house.

When a brake caliper sticks and makes the rotor get very hot..

My Fathers day shotgun from the kids last year..

Couple of "pretty" pics I love the blooms on our Tulip Tree. They really blend in on the tree, until you look at it close.

My mom and Dad last year when they could attend Church, before China screwed the World. Dad will be 88 this year and mom just turned 82.

Off the chain
01/10/21 0:37

Yep your lucky.
Had a dumpster driver years ago. Jump out of his truck and rip his finger off. Finger was just hanging there by some tendons.
I wrapped it.l was going to take him to the hospital. He didn't want me to and drove himself.
He was back to work in a week. He told me he tried to come back the next day but they wouldn't let him. Couldn't put it back there was too much damage at the hand.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
01/10/21 0:57

Are you a hauler?
01/10/21 1:21

Hey, you never did mention where ya got the walleye from. Originally posted by Fred67

Watauga Lake. In a Carolina lake these are level 4 fish

mdaddy
01/10/21 3:48

Bonzo say you need longer arms.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman
Fred67
01/10/21 9:11

Man I don’t know what a level 4 fish is, but I do know a nice walleye. And those are nice! Dang I need to come up your way! Last one I caught was using some monstrous leeches many years ago about 2000 miles from here. No hauler, have a cdl but seldom have a use for it.
01/10/21 14:04

Man I don’t know what a level 4 fish is, but I do know a nice walleye. And those are nice! Dang I need to come up your way! Last one I caught was using some monstrous leeches many years ago about 2000 miles from here. No hauler, have a cdl but seldom have a use for it. Originally posted by Fred67

Ha, leeches. I haven't hooked a leach in a long time,,,,,brings back some good memories.

I too have a CDL, and don't get to use it much anymore either. It has saved me more than one ticket over the years by some late night cop telling me he doesn't want to punish me because I drive commercially. I was actually asking OTC about being a hauler because of the driver story.

So anyway, the level 4 fish thing. In my observations over they years I realized there were 4 Levels of progression in most every fishermans life. My friend Tunanutt taught me there are actually 5, and at the time I was too busy chasing 3's and 4's that I never considered the 5th level. Good stuff.

Level 1 is Any Fish. A guy starts fishing and catching any fish gives him a rush.

Level 2 is Many Fish. A guy starts fishing and gets the bug. All of a sudden he wants to catch a lot of fish.

Level 3 is Big Fish. A guy starts catching a lot of fish and then all he wants is Big Fish. This is where he gets addicted to clickers clicking and drags screaming.

Level 4 is Hard Fish. A guy starts catching some bigger fish and then wants to branch out to catch critters that other folks usually can't. A challenge to himself so to speak.

It seems theres always another level, no matter the endeavor.

Fred67
01/10/21 14:25

I can see those levels. I got burned out a few years ago and don’t bother with it much, same with deer hunting. As long as I can catch a mess of keepers for supper I’m as happy catching a mother in law fish as anything. I guess I’ve reverted back to level 1. I can even release fish now without feeling bad.

So what’s this level 5 about?
Off the chain
01/10/21 19:09

Fire them rigs up. We'll show them what a real Smokey and the bandit is.. hahaha

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
Off the chain
01/11/21 0:55

Are you a hauler? Originally posted by HEAD ADMINISTRATOR--Edisto Fisher

Oh crap I forgot to answer.No it's a service pulling 30-yard construction dumpsters

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
Off the chain
01/11/21 1:24

He tells you what level 5 is he will have to kill you!!!!
Disappointed more people haven't kicked in. So here's mine.
I get a kick out of playing with gunpowder and shiny things.
I load.9, 45,.357, 44, 454
55.6, 300 blackout 308, 8 mm mk Mauser 7.62 x54R. Wife found me shotgun press. So coming soon 12 gauge.

The 1 On the right I put together for my wife's birthday a couple years ago.

I'm like a kid at Christmas when I get bullets.. Mailman hates me.
Oh yeah I forgot 300 blackouts

Don't laugh them things are good as he!!

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
Mixed Nutz
01/12/21 0:39

Hey OTC, do you drive a white, GMC, quad cab?
Mixed Nutz
01/12/21 0:40

Just curious....
Off the chain
01/12/21 2:47

Just curious....Originally posted by Mixed Nutz

Okay mystery solved???
I don't know many people up here. Had me scratching my head.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
Off the chain
01/12/21 18:11

Dealing with vintage motorcycles sometimes you just have to fabricate your own stuff. I've dealt with this bike shop for over 30 years. So they let me play with their tools.

Work I get to play with some cool equipment.

This is our project in Greenville. Have 5 buildings to do. They're only 4 years old.

My oldest grandson. He wants to do everything Papa does.

Daughter traced out in AR on cardboard and build it up and wrapped it in duct tape. Then wrapped it as a Christmas present for my son-in-law. Thought he was going to cry when he opened it.

I'm guessing this don't fall under the category of a level 5?

Maybe level 3?

Kind of my attitude....

I know somebody out there has something we'll find interesting. Or like this at least something to keep you occupied while you're on the can....

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
01/12/21 19:03

I have a few minutes to add to the pile

Off the chain
01/12/21 23:23

I will keep my smart @$$ remarks about the oyster to myself. I guess I would call that brown a level five fish.
I don't understand why everybody has such a problem with the masks. Fred. them steam up your glasses??? Hahaha

I got this to go hog hunting might make it this year.
That's a 260 grain bullet 32 grains of h110 muzzle velocity of somewhere around 2,000 ft per second

The wife's little 38. Her pink dragon.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
Mixed Nutz
01/12/21 23:52

Just curious....Originally posted by Mixed Nutz

Okay mystery solved???
I don't know many people up here. Had me scratching my head.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

Meh, no big deal. I fell in behind you at the 385/26 split. After following for a bit, and noticing your rear window decals, and cargo, I thought it might be you? I was in the red F250, that gave you a wave at the Ft. Inn exits. 4:45'ish Sunday afternoon.thumbsUp

Let me know if you need anything, while you're working up here!!
Off the chain
01/13/21 2:22

Okay mystery not solved. I went to fairplay yesterday afternoon on i-85. I passed a truck The guy sped up got back beside me and waved . I waved back. He slowed back down. Haven't the foggiest who that was. When I seen your post I thought that was you. Kind of funny.
And definitely appreciate your offer.
Oh yeah and that was me Sunday afternoon.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
Fred67
01/13/21 11:13

Well no one said we could have masks like that. I guess we both thought the same on the oyster. I love oysters.

Got the wife a 38 lady pink s&w air light a few years ago. The trigger pull mess me up but the wife hold a good group with bit. I’m gonna have to let her shoot it at night with a +P and see what kind of flash hers does.
Off the chain
01/13/21 16:45

That's what that is. I cannot hit the broad side of a barn with it. If I were more than 10 ft away. I'd have a better chance hitting you by throwing the gun at you. That's probably my shots off to the left of the silhouette. And that's only at about 20 ft

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
Fred67
01/13/21 18:43

I believe stjudes farms folded? We picked up some nice clusters this week end from Bells seafood $40 a bushel.
Off the chain
01/17/21 1:52

Like a pack of hyenas.
Five young uns wiped out 8lbs of crab legs and a pan of low-carb treat boil.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
CaptFritz
01/17/21 13:34

I’d post pics of a cook I’m doing but the SITE isn’t iPad friendly

Another reason folks bolted

01/18/21 12:48

Let's see we rode bicycles with no helmets, stood up in the backseat of the car. The list could go on and on.
And it's very obvious some of y'all ate lead paint!!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/723221490/posts/10158080541676491/?sfnsn=mo

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
PeaPod
01/18/21 12:55

I’d post pics of a cook I’m doing but the SITE isn’t iPad friendly

Another reason folks bolted

I haven't seen this bitterness since that tourist trap took the french dip burger off the menu.
CaptFritz
01/18/21 18:23

That cook was sweet though.

01/20/21 18:19

Does anybody else race their GPS???

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
areeldrag
01/20/21 21:11

Every time I use it. thumbsUp

Sportsman Masters 207
Yamaha F150
Off the chain
01/21/21 0:38

Was digging through old pictures. Looking for pictures from the circle track and drag racing days. Come across this.
. Had it on for 3 months and 1 day.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
DoubleN
01/21/21 0:51

Dayum! What hobby led to that??

NN
Off the chain
01/21/21 1:48

Did not clear the trees during an extraction. Chopper dragged me through them instead of over them.
Darn sinkhole swallowed up a half a dozen of my guns. Darndest thing I ever seen..,

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
Fred67
01/21/21 11:31

Maybe now we can start buying amo again? What ya think? Son was at a gun show and said he could make more money selling his amo than the gun itself. Said it was the worst show ever, sellers actually looking to buy from the customer rather than sell. .. If only... a small investment a year ago would have netted us a large profit in amo resale. smile

Like Bitcoin.. Hindsight.. If we would have invested $10,000 in 2010 we would be sitting on 6.83 BILLION! I put a little money in it, but even if it takes another big jump it's not likely to be much more than 7-8% imo. Paypal now offers to sell it to you, guess it is getting pretty legit. Know a friend of a friend of a another that uses it to buy his medical grade weed out of California or Colorado on line. Untraceable currency, crazy stuff. Got a new apt and credit card that is able to do real time conversion World wide. Watching to see when/if it goes public, I'll invest a chunk with it. Government will figure a way to get their hands in it soon enough.

.06 a share and now worth $41,000.
DoubleN
01/22/21 0:45

Did not clear the trees during an extraction. Chopper dragged me through them instead of over them.
Darn sinkhole swallowed up a half a dozen of my guns. Darndest thing I ever seen..,

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

Pilot needed an azz whipping!

Had a helicopter pilot cutting trees along some transmission lines last year that they tether a huge Buzz Saw from. When he raised up to go to other side, didn't get high enough and cut down both overhead static lines knocking out power to many for hours. 115 kv line. He's lucky that wire didn't wrap up in saw and slam him down.

Check this out. It's not a vid of this incident, but same setup.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfz1YrpMbBg

NN
DoubleN
01/22/21 1:27

Was digging through old pictures. Looking for pictures from the circle track and drag racing days. Come across this.
. Had it on for 3 months and 1 day.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

Meant this one regarding pilot.

NN
Off the chain
01/22/21 1:58

There's a company in Georgetown called rotor blades that does that or builds the rigs not sure or both.
Made it to the range today.

. Darn lightning hit my gun bag. Melted everything into a big clump.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
Richard Beer Froth
01/22/21 2:13

There's a company in Georgetown called rotor blades that does that or builds the rigs not sure or both.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

I'm sure the Feds will be looking in that sink hole you lost some, and ask for an insurance claim for evidence of these two unfortunate accidents...

They're coming to get them all...

RBF

"CFC - A Quaint Little Political Site with a Fishing Problem"
Fred67
01/22/21 11:09

I'm sure the Feds will be looking in that sink hole you lost some, and ask for an insurance claim for evidence of these two unfortunate accidents...

They're coming to get them all...

RBF

"CFC - A Quaint Little Political Site with a Fishing Problem"Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth

Eventually I'm sure that's what the leftists want, but for now they'll focus on the Big Scary Armalites as promised.
Off the chain
01/26/21 2:28

Wouldn't this be a cool hobby.,.
https://www.facebook.com/northernbangers/videos/821950138553422/?sfnsn=mo

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
Off the chain
01/28/21 1:47

Watching shooting gallery on the outdoor channel. This girl's pinging steel at 2 mi..
They're working on a gun stretching it out to 7,000 yard. They said rumor is there's a fella in Texas.with some consistency making hits at 7,000 yd. This come out and got sidetracked.

This started out to be about ammo. I'll get there. Haven't much this year.But I usually buy sell trade 15-20 guns a year. Just made a deal to trade the sig P320RX for a S&w performance center 40 plus 500 rounds 200 of them are hydro shock. I think I got the better end of the deal for once.

Where I was going with this I'm on arm's list and other sites quite a bit. All these jackasses on their scalping ammo. Pretty much everything on there is a $1 a round across the board. There's 556 on there now for 175 rounds $200. Don't buy from them jerks unless you really absolutely positively need to. If you really need something. I've got a few boxes of various pistol calibers store prices what I paid for them. I'm in Charleston a couple times a month and Greenville weekly. Won't sell my hand loads.
If anybody's interested I have high point carbine 9 mm. Foregrip sling extra mag.$275
Wife wanted it. 1 mag now she don't want it so much.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
Off the chain
02/02/21 12:31

Dang groundhog says six more weeks of winter ❄️.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
Off the chain
02/05/21 19:54

Son of a b€#%

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
02/06/21 3:05

Yikes. ^^^^^^^^

Whatever happened here?
DFreedom
02/06/21 13:58

Ticket, or was the officer just saying hello?

Fred67
02/06/21 15:09

Don't leave us hanging. You get caught doing burn outs again?
Off the chain
02/06/21 20:22

No burnouts just going a little faster than he thought I should be .
Yeah and he wanted to say hello to the tune of $234. Yemassee county Police.
Officer actually was pretty cool.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
DoubleN
02/06/21 21:57

No burnouts just going a little faster than he thought I should be .
Yeah and he wanted to say hello to the tune of $234. Yemassee county Police.
Officer actually was pretty cool.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

Good ole Yemassee. Been there, done that!

NN
sman
02/07/21 0:53

You in a heap a trouble boy.haha
DoubleN
02/07/21 1:18

You in a heap a trouble boy.haha Originally posted by sman

When I came back to pay it, lady had a thick handful of tickets she was apparently processing....had to be well over a hundred.

Speed trap fo sho.

NN
Off the chain
02/07/21 15:34

I'm getting slack in my old age. I went almost 4 years without a ticket. I've gotten 3 in the last year.
Had my license suspended twice years ago. Was deemed a habitual offender. 5 year suspension.had to go in front of a 2 judges and get SR22to get my license back. After 2 years..Never a DUI. Just moving violations.
Burnouts or donuts they will write you for either reckless driving or drag racing. Got that t-shirt .

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
23Sailfish
02/08/21 13:08

"If there's tire marks at the Walmart my Chevrolet's to blame...."

"Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality." --Peepod 07-25-2017
02/17/21 23:12

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

You gave me inspiration.......It's gonna be a 40 caliber type evening. I love the smell of gunpowder at sunset. It gives me wood, no schitt.

Main Game
02/17/21 23:26

Need a new post
Off the chain
02/18/21 16:49

Stuck up here in Greenville not working today because of the weather. Wanted to go to the range. All the DNR ranges are closed today because of the ice.

Oh yeah Colt is no longer an American own company they sold out to CZ.
Maybe they will bring colt back to the days of old. CZ make some pretty awesome weapons

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
mdaddy
02/18/21 16:57

What do the wholes in the trigger do? Axing for Bonzo.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman
Off the chain
02/18/21 17:05

Darn if I know maybe shave weight off. Maybe a tenth of a gram. Posted wrong picture .

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

22 life's a day
02/19/21 22:26

What do the wholes in the trigger do? Axing for Bonzo.

The ENTER-NET FishermanOriginally posted by mdaddy

Trigger Bounce.

You could google it, but here is the lowdown on the holes in a nutshell. A long time ago triggers were mostly made of steel. The heavy trigger in the 1911 style peashooters caused some shooters to re-fire on the recoil and a lighter trigger was thought to cut down on that mishap. Early on it was a indication that someone was a real shooter, someone who would drill and smith their gun was not just a guy with a saturday night special but someone who knew their arse from a hole in a paper target.

As time went on triggers were (and are now) mostly made of aluminum, so the holes are not required so much, but the "look" has been carried down over the years.

Just so you know, I know stuff.

Anyway, supper, some bang bangs I thought OTC would like, and another gun case for, you know, schitt I do when I'm not wasting my time on here all day.

As you were

DueSouth
02/25/21 22:11

Edisto Fisher running the place now? Are we getting the Banned* back together. Glad to have you back.

© CharlestonFishing.Com, LLC