general low vs. high tide question

As a self-taught inshore fisherman of 1 year I still have plenty to figure out - one issue that still confuses me is exactly what types of spots to hit at low vs. high tide.

Am I correct that - as a general rule in the summer - from high tide to the point where there is still water around the oyster shells, shell banks are great places to work right up against the oysters, but once the water no longer covers the oysters look for deep holes, channels, docks etc. where its cooler? Also, can anyone give me an ideal trout depth? For example, when the water on a flat near a shell bank gets shallow to ____ feet deep, prob best to move on?

thanks, and be easy on me as a newby haha

Yes.

Ideal depth, 8’ - 22’, varies.

Personally ive never fished deeper than 12’ except for sheepshead and sharks… I’m a firm believer in shallow water and fish along the bank as waters up. As the eater goes down I focus more on docks. I’ve either pulled up trout while redfishin at docks or caught them am hour before or after high tide on a poppin cork along oysters or really any submerged structure.