Stripers on the Wood

I fished Thursday evening and didn't get a nibble around the dam. Anybody having any luck on Lake Greenwood? I'm not marking very many out there...

Carolina Skiff 218 DLV
140 Suzuki
Replies

• >
  • >>
  • of 2 pages
We fished the bubbles thurs night and only go 1- 12" striper and a 10# cat to much moon!
I guess they got tired of the high water temps and hauled tail on up the rivers I don't know. Went drifting for catfish Friday and Nothing.

Carolina Skiff 218 DLV
140 Suzuki
I know where some Stripers are being caught. A couple of friends caught 6 Friday night that yielded 60#s of fillets.

...Politicians aren't the "Oldest Profession", but the results are still the same.

When they come for my guns and ammo. I plan on giving them the ammo. first!
I've never really been striper fishing, I would like to try it on Greenwood being that is just a few miles from the house. I have caught them in the river on ekom beach rd. in the spring.
6 fish and 60# fillets, not Greenwood, must have been catfish!
No sir, it was at Greenwood, and all Stripers.

...Politicians aren't the "Oldest Profession", but the results are still the same.

Okay Upstate Pirate, you returned my PM to you, that you were interested in knowing where to have a chance at these fish? Please do me a favor, and report back here, since some fellow members either haven't had the same success as my friends, who live on the lake, or, think I'm a liar?

First of all, were going to need some rain to catch these fish. No sense wasting time, when you can't get to them, or they can't get to the holes. These are River fish, and probably never venture into the lake at all.

Do you know where Burton's Bend is by chance? Only because it will make my directions much easier.

Last edited by Mixed Nutz
Originally posted by boatpoor

6 fish and 60# fillets, not Greenwood, must have been catfish!

Catfish bite is good too, my friends caught 7 last Thursday night, all over 15#s. Same spot as Stripers came from, just need a little rain for more Stripers to make it up there!smile

Last edited by Mixed Nutz
Not familiar with Burton's bend unless it is the big bend in the Saluda where the pastures are. I can't get my boat up in there so river fishing is out for me.

Carolina Skiff 218 DLV
140 Suzuki
Okay, if river fishing is out you're going to miss out on these fish. Sorry!

• >
  • >>
  • of 2 pages