Trump Right Again; Critics Wrong

After all the criticism and bashing of Trump by those who said he was making us less safe by pushing his luck with North Korea's leader, provoking a war on through tough talk, well, it looks like all that Trump bashing was a load of hogwash after all.

Apparently, just as Trump voters said all along, Trump knows better how to deal with bully leaders than all the peacenik armchair quarterbacks after all.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/kim-says-he%e2%80%99ll-give-up-weapons-if-us-promises-not-to-invade/ar-AAwuppP?ocid=ientp

The title reads, "Kim Says He'll Give Up Weapons if US Promises Not to Invade."

Haha! Obama never achieved anything like this and never could have because he never had the gonads to stand up and call North Korea's bluff and make the credible threat of invasion. This is happening because Kim knows Trump will stomp his country into the stone age--something he knew Obama would never do.

Just like we said, the only way to deal with a bully like that is through bold strength and the credible threat we'll use our superior might.

Finally, we have a leader who knows how to deal with the maniacs and isn't afraid to do what needs to be done.

Well done, President Trump.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland
Strickland Marine Insurance Agency, Inc.
https://stricklandmarineinsurance.com
843-795-1000 / 800-446-1862
Last edited by gotchacovered
Replies

Originally posted by Fred67
at times you can come off rational and even thoughtful, but to even think Hillary could have led our country!!!! Dude you are way off in left field. i would have voted for Trump if he ran as a democrat or independant if telling the truth is spreading fear, then so be it. Sorry your hate runs so deep.

Non voters don't have the right to say much of anything to anyone who voted...even those that chose Hillary.

Just what do you consider a vote whore?..that's new to me

Doesn't matter whether you vote or not. Guess that means you can't complain about any other States' US congress representatives, etc... All I hear is congress is the problem... Well, then don't voice anything because you aren't from that State and didn't vote... As you can see, it is ridiculous proposition to begin with...

I guess it is fine for ole Mitt to "croak" since he voted:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/30/mitt-romney-reveals-who-got-his-vote-in-2016-presidential-election.html

RBF

At least he voted.

We are not talking about other state congresspeople, we are talking about the president that everyone from every state had an influence on You are twisting again
Originally posted by gotchacovered
Sanctimonious? That's what I'm confronting. I'm pointing out the phony, hypocritical quality of your sanctimony over the idea that--when it's Trump--you don't like vulgarity, "even in front of adults," while in fact, you practice vulgarity yourself. This example is a relatively minor one.

Enough childishness, man. You called a war veteran a "puss" on Memorial Day weekend over a petty political debate. It doesn't matter whether it's because he blocked you. That doesn't justify it.

"Attacking" you? I don't think he's "attacked" you anymore than you have attacked him and others.

As for his being "caught lying," you've been caught lying and even bragged about being a liar many times. Don't tell me what you think you've "caught" him doing. I neither care nor read all of your irrational back-and-forths.

Also, enough of your deflecting to Trump's deeds every time your own are in the spotlight. It only makes my point further. I'm well aware of Trump's comment on McCain because you railed about it before. That's part of the hypocrisy. You do the same thing you criticize Trump for doing. As far as I'm concerned, both you and Trump are acting like classless punks when you do that kind of thing.

Look, it's this simple. It's vulgar to go around saying the "f-word," and it's vulgar to go around calling people "puss," and it's especially off color to call war veterans that, particularly on Memorial Day weekend. It takes a lot of egocentrism, pride, and willful ignorance to refuse to admit such a simple fact. It's just plain obtuse. You're like Trump in that regard, and you apparently can't admit when you do something wrong, just like he often can't. That's the point. Thanks for making it more clearly than I ever could have without your participation.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland

You are just being silly and grandstanding again...

However, thanks for admitting you voted for Drumph knowing he was a classless punk, etc. What I believe you are missing is the fact you let the fear of Hilliary erode your moral standards for a candidate, and your fear made you vote for Drumph as you have admitted you couldn't stand him at the time you voted for him.... That's the difference between me and you... I didn't let her do that to me...

RBF

The difference between you and gotcha is you would rather do nothing and let Hillary take office?? Wow. What you almost did was let Hillary run our country. At least gotcha and I voted and actually made a good choice at it.

This whole fear mongering BS about Hilliary is just that, BS... What would have happened with Hilliary, absolutely nothing devastating... Just a bunch of people spreading fear to try to regain the Repubs control... That is why our country is designed the way it is... You are essentially stating the Constitution and separation of powers (e.g. checks & balances) don't properly function... I say it does...

Again, vote whores participate in these fear mongering games, not rational people...

RBF

Well, let's see. You didn't vote. You didn't serve in the military. But you criticize people who did. LOL. I could stop there, but this is too important.

Incorrect, sir. The threat against Conservative values by Liberal-Left heroes like Hillary is very real. You may not see it as important because you don't value the Conservative and Christian ideals for society as highly as others and I do, but it's all very real. Among many other very important things, we had a Supreme Court seat up for grabs and could have more in any presidential term. I'll focus on this one since you seem to have trouble getting your mind around the importance and power of such representation. This time, a Justice was due to be replaced, and had Hillary been elected, the far-left Liberal agenda would reign from the Supreme Court. The balance of power in the Supreme Court has hinged on a single Justice over the past decades--the single body that most easily makes nation-changing decisions. Allowing that balance to swing left would be devastating for Conservative values in our culture. For example, in 2008, the Supreme Court decided the case of DC V Heller. In that case, the Democrats representing the state argued that the 2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution does not grant gun rights to any civilian, but only to state militia, police, and the like. They pressed the Court to adopt that interpretation of the 2nd Amendment going forward. Had the Court done so, that would have 100% removed any federal "right" for you and me to own firearms as civilians and cleared the path for Liberals across the country to ban guns--which they most certainly would have done, starting with Liberal states, and battling their way to the more Conservative ones. Actually, they may not have even had to ban guns at the state level because Hillary and her Congressional posse--had they also gained enough power--would likely have crammed a federal ban up America's back side. For one to think that's not important is for one to not think at all.

Had Liberals gains control of the Supreme Court, more of the same would have happened with a lot of other issues that are very important to American society, probably including a resurfacing of the ban on partial-birth abortion and other issues of monumental moral importance--and the left would have its way. Clinton, above most all of them, is one of the most morally defunct people in politics. She is more criminally corrupt than any of them, very apparently committed high crimes against the very security of this country, and has literally said that Christians need to change our moral views on things like abortion. No thanks. I'd vote for a Mickey Mouse with a drug habit before I'd vote for her.

I also could point to issue after issue with similar importance, but you won't allow yourself to see them. We have Obamacare because of Conservatives staying home and allowing Liberals take the White House and Congress. We also had the world-threatening Iran "deal", the "birth-control mandate," the mandate for schools to allow perverted males to use the girls' restrooms, and vice versa, along with other assaults on religious freedom--a freedom that you apparently don't think is important. On top of that, we'd all be paying much higher taxes under a Clinton regime.

All of that matters a lot more to me than Trump's saying the "f
-word." So, please spare us the false sanctimony.

You can babble on about how we Conservatives "compromised our morals" to elect Trump, but it's just not true, and even if compromised, those morals are still apparently higher than yours, which you pretentiously exalt. It's a matter of putting the future of the country ahead of some person's personal flaws--especially when every other candidate in the general election has even worse ones. I have always assumed that virtually all of the candidates have moral problems in their personal lives, and Hillary Clinton's are so threatening to the country that voting against her was far more important than obsessing over Trump saying the f-word. As I've said before, since they are all flawed, I generally don't put much into their personal issues unless it involves important crimes that are proven or obvious, or the personal morals spill over into their political agendas. What I consider most in voting is the agenda that the politician seeks. Hillary's is definitely a dangerous one. Yes, God did save us from Hillary via Trump. I'm sorry that you are not wise enough to see this.

But enough of your deflecting. You're a person gets vulgar not uncommonly, who called a war veteran "puss" on Memorial Day weekend, who bragged about your child calling "weak" people "*****", and who can't bring yourself to apologize or even admit that anything's wrong with it, all while you whine about Trump being vulgar for saying the "f-word"--while you also seem to defend Democrats and yourself for whatever they or you say or do. You passionately promoted a pot-smoking idiot for President. You double-talk on abortion, saying in one place that you're pro-life, but in another that you believe abortion should be legal. Yet, you want to yammer on about "morals" and exalt your own pretentiously above others'. I'll put it this way. From the garbage you've written on this site, I think voting for you would be a greater compromise than voting for Trump. You criticizing him is the pot calling the kettle black.

I suppose you'll keep telling us how your morals are superior, despite our knowing that you promoted an unintelligent pot-head for president and continue to sell your morals out on abortion.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland
I'm going to say this another way to help you understand.

All politicians have personal flaws. I don't vote based on personal flaws when then they are more than offset by the other candidate and the ideological agendas of the candidates are pronounced and have far greater power to affect the overall moral, cultural, and legal landscape of the entire nation or world. I focus on the latter--the bigger fish. I didn't vote for a Pope or pastor. I voted for a President of the United States. If we never voted for anyone with personal flaws, then we'd never get to vote at all, and the most corrupt people on the planet would reign unfettered. So we vote for the least corrupt and measure their moral weight on the matters that could most affect the world for or against our values.

We've all voted, so we've all voted for people with moral flaws. If that means we "compromised," then we all have at some point, but it's just not true by virtue of the above.

Voting past balanced personal flaws in favor of the person who has the greater chance of affecting the world for your moral ideals in the big picture is not a moral compromise. It's fighting for one's morals in society, which is much more important than simply judging someone for his or her personal flaws, especially when 90% of them are unproven and don't even stand out when compared to so many others in competing positions.

What represents moral compromise is for people like you, RBF, to say you are pro-life but to sell out your pro-life morals by advocating legalized abortion "politically."

Staying home isn't the answer. RBF's philosophy is what got us Obamacare, confused bathrooms, religious-freedom infractions, and a world-threatening "deal" in Iran. Had Conservative stayed home again in this last election, a key position on the Supreme Court would have swung far left, affecting effective United States law in a very big way. I could go on, but informed, rational know that a presidential election matters.

Proof positive of that is the fact that Trump is being bashed relentlessly by people who want to effectively overturn the election. It's not because of his Tweets or the "F-word" or the many ridiculous things the media finds to use as petty reasons to even criticize his wife. It's because they are freaking out because a hard-liner with a commitment to Conservative agenda won the highest electable seat in the land.

I have to run now. Have a nice day.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland
Sanctimonious? That's what I'm confronting. I'm pointing out the phony, hypocritical quality of your sanctimony over the idea that--when it's Trump--you don't like vulgarity, "even in front of adults," while in fact, you practice vulgarity yourself. This example is a relatively minor one.

Enough childishness, man. You called a war veteran a "puss" on Memorial Day weekend over a petty political debate. It doesn't matter whether it's because he blocked you. That doesn't justify it.

"Attacking" you? I don't think he's "attacked" you anymore than you have attacked him and others.

As for his being "caught lying," you've been caught lying and even bragged about being a liar many times. Don't tell me what you think you've "caught" him doing. I neither care nor read all of your irrational back-and-forths.

Also, enough of your deflecting to Trump's deeds every time your own are in the spotlight. It only makes my point further. I'm well aware of Trump's comment on McCain because you railed about it before. That's part of the hypocrisy. You do the same thing you criticize Trump for doing. As far as I'm concerned, both you and Trump are acting like classless punks when you do that kind of thing.

Look, it's this simple. It's vulgar to go around saying the "f-word," and it's vulgar to go around calling people "puss," and it's especially off color to call war veterans that, particularly on Memorial Day weekend. It takes a lot of egocentrism, pride, and willful ignorance to refuse to admit such a simple fact. It's just plain obtuse. You're like Trump in that regard, and you apparently can't admit when you do something wrong, just like he often can't. That's the point. Thanks for making it more clearly than I ever could have without your participation.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland

You are just being silly and grandstanding again...

However, thanks for admitting you voted for Drumph knowing he was a classless punk, etc. What I believe you are missing is the fact you let the fear of Hilliary erode your moral standards for a candidate, and your fear made you vote for Drumph as you have admitted you couldn't stand him at the time you voted for him.... That's the difference between me and you... I didn't let her do that to me...

RBF

The difference between you and gotcha is you would rather do nothing and let Hillary take office?? Wow. What you almost did was let Hillary run our country. At least gotcha and I voted and actually made a good choice at it.

This whole fear mongering BS about Hilliary is just that, BS... What would have happened with Hilliary, absolutely nothing devastating... Just a bunch of people spreading fear to try to regain the Repubs control... That is why our country is designed the way it is... You are essentially stating the Constitution and separation of powers (e.g. checks & balances) don't properly function... I say it does...

Again, vote whores participate in these fear mongering games, not rational people...

RBF

Well, let's see. You didn't vote. You didn't serve in the military. But you criticize people who did. LOL. I could stop there, but this is too important.

Incorrect, sir. The threat against Conservative values by Liberal-Left heroes like Hillary is very real. You may not see it as important because you don't value the Conservative and Christian ideals for society as highly as others and I do, but it's all very real. Among many other very important things, we had a Supreme Court seat up for grabs and could have more in any presidential term. I'll focus on this one since you seem to have trouble getting your mind around the importance and power of such representation. This time, a Justice was due to be replaced, and had Hillary been elected, the far-left Liberal agenda would reign from the Supreme Court. The balance of power in the Supreme Court has hinged on a single Justice over the past decades--the single body that most easily makes nation-changing decisions. Allowing that balance to swing left would be devastating for Conservative values in our culture. For example, in 2008, the Supreme Court decided the case of DC V Heller. In that case, the Democrats representing the state argued that the 2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution does not grant gun rights to any civilian, but only to state militia, police, and the like. They pressed the Court to adopt that interpretation of the 2nd Amendment going forward. Had the Court done so, that would have 100% removed any federal "right" for you and me to own firearms as civilians and cleared the path for Liberals across the country to ban guns--which they most certainly would have done, starting with Liberal states, and battling their way to the more Conservative ones. Actually, they may not have even had to ban guns at the state level because Hillary and her Congressional posse--had they also gained enough power--would likely have crammed a federal ban up America's back side. For one to think that's not important is for one to not think at all.

Had Liberals gains control of the Supreme Court, more of the same would have happened with a lot of other issues that are very important to American society, probably including a resurfacing of the ban on partial-birth abortion and other issues of monumental moral importance--and the left would have its way. Clinton, above most all of them, is one of the most morally defunct people in politics. She is more criminally corrupt than any of them, very apparently committed high crimes against the very security of this country, and has literally said that Christians need to change our moral views on things like abortion. No thanks. I'd vote for a Mickey Mouse with a drug habit before I'd vote for her.

I also could point to issue after issue with similar importance, but you won't allow yourself to see them. We have Obamacare because of Conservatives staying home and allowing Liberals take the White House and Congress. We also had the world-threatening Iran "deal", the "birth-control mandate," the mandate for schools to allow perverted males to use the girls' restrooms, and vice versa, along with other assaults on religious freedom--a freedom that you apparently don't think is important. On top of that, we'd all be paying much higher taxes under a Clinton regime.

All of that matters a lot more to me than Trump's saying the "f
-word." So, please spare us the false sanctimony.

You can babble on about how we Conservatives "compromised our morals" to elect Trump, but it's just not true, and even if compromised, those morals are still apparently higher than yours, which you pretentiously exalt. It's a matter of putting the future of the country ahead of some person's personal flaws--especially when every other candidate in the general election has even worse ones. I have always assumed that virtually all of the candidates have moral problems in their personal lives, and Hillary Clinton's are so threatening to the country that voting against her was far more important than obsessing over Trump saying the f-word. As I've said before, since they are all flawed, I generally don't put much into their personal issues unless it involves important crimes that are proven or obvious, or the personal morals spill over into their political agendas. What I consider most in voting is the agenda that the politician seeks. Hillary's is definitely a dangerous one. Yes, God did save us from Hillary via Trump. I'm sorry that you are not wise enough to see this.

But enough of your deflecting. You're a person gets vulgar not uncommonly, who called a war veteran "puss" on Memorial Day weekend, who bragged about your child calling "weak" people "*****", and who can't bring yourself to apologize or even admit that anything's wrong with it, all while you whine about Trump being vulgar for saying the "f-word"--while you also seem to defend Democrats and yourself for whatever they or you say or do. You passionately promoted a pot-smoking idiot for President. You double-talk on abortion, saying in one place that you're pro-life, but in another that you believe abortion should be legal. Yet, you want to yammer on about "morals" and exalt your own pretentiously above others'. I'll put it this way. From the garbage you've written on this site, I think voting for you would be a greater compromise than voting for Trump. You criticizing him is the pot calling the kettle black.

I suppose you'll keep telling us how your morals are superior, despite our knowing that you promoted an unintelligent pot-head for president and continue to sell your morals out on abortion.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland

This post is too long... You need to quit grandstanding, and just get to the point... Did God also send us Obama and Clinton, or just Drumph?

Poking fun at me about Johnson is essentially poking fun at the military:

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/295409-johnson-tops-among-veterans

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/2016/09/21/this-poll-of-the-u-s-military-has-gary-johnson-tied-with-donald-trump-in-the-race-for-president/

Why would any military member, whether retired or active, want Johnson if everything you say is true? The folks that serve, and served, don't align with your views...

RBF
This post is too long... You need to quit grandstanding, and just get to the point... Did God also send us Obama and Clinton, or just Drumph?

Poking fun at me about Johnson is essentially poking fun at the military:

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/295409-johnson-tops-among-veterans

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/2016/09/21/this-poll-of-the-u-s-military-has-gary-johnson-tied-with-donald-trump-in-the-race-for-president/

Why would any military member, whether retired or active, want Johnson if everything you say is true? The folks that serve, and served, don't align with your views...

RBF

You mean it's too long for someone who knows the content defeats his points solidly.

I don't know on the Divine intervention, but God may have actually punished us with Obama. Regardless, I thank Him for the reprieve that religious freedom, fundamental rights, and basic sanity got by averting another Clinton reich.

"Poking fun at me about Johnson is essentially poking fun at the military"

^^^^ Man, you defeat your own points just about every time you post. Look at the second link you posted to make that point.

It reads, "this poll of the us military has gary Johnson tied with Donald trump in the race for president."

So, if my razzing you for supporting Johnson pokes fun at the military, then your bashing us as everything bad under the sun for Trump also bashes all those military folks just the same.

So, are you admitting that you just bashed the military, or might you be mistaken? Personally, I put little to no stock in polls after the polls were so wrong so many times. But if you do, you'll have to admit that you just bashed 61% of American military veterans who voted for Trump along with the 34% who voted for Clinton.

Me? I don't bash any of them. I don't call them "puss" like you did here. I don't even fault them for their votes. In fact, the only reason I mentioned your vote for Johnson is because you made the silly comment that people who advocated Trump were moral sell-outs.

OK, you may proceed now in telling us how you personally believe abortion is immoral and wrong but politically vote to keep it legal--all while you say that people who voted are the moral sell-outs and idiots. wink I have to run.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland
I don't know, but God may have actually punished us with Obama. Regardless, I thank Him for the reprieve that religious freedom, fundamental rights, and basic sanity got by averting another Clinton reich.

"Poking fun at me about Johnson is essentially poking fun at the military"

^^^^ Man, you defeat your own points just about every time you post. Look at the second link you posted to make that point.

It reads, "this poll of the us military has gary Johnson tied with Donald trump in the race for president."

So, if my razzing you for supporting Johnson pokes fun at the military, then your bashing us as everything bad under the sun for Trump also bashes all those military folks just the same.

So, are you admitting that you just bashed the military, or might you be mistaken?

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland

I understand the second link states they were tied, and the other states Johnson was leading... I don't need to admit to bashing the military as you have already proclaim it true... Point being you are a hypocrite since you bash them too... Therefore, don't bash me when you do the same...

I would venture to say there are many Christians (both left and right) that view Drumph as our punishment... So who is correct? There are Christians on the left too that are just as devout as you and me... The BS about the liberals being Godless is just another sensationalism from the right to demean them...

http://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/party-affiliation/

RBF
Last edited by Richard Beer Froth
I would venture to say there are many Christians (both left and right) that view Drumph as our punishment... So who is correct? There are Christians on the left too that are just as devout as you and me... The BS about the liberals being Godless is just another sensationalism from the right to demean them.

You just got finished "bashing" Clinton voters as "idiots" on page 3. You even said that Trump is a secret Democrat during your judge-everyone-but-RBF tirade. You literally called all Clinton and Trump supporters idiots.

But you're going to pretend I'm the one doing the judging now while you pretend to be the defender?

Man, you speak with forked tongue. If you're going to call yourself "devout," you might want to work on that.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland
Short Version

RBF says everyone who supported Trump is an idiot or moral sell-out. He then says basically the same about Clinton supporters--claiming they're all idiots.

He claims we all sold out our morals by supporting someone with personal moral flaws.

So, I point out that RBF also supported someone with personal moral flaws--Johnson--and the same standard must also apply to him.

Evading the simple logic, RBF response by accusing me of "bashing the military" and posts a link that says Johnson was tied with Trump at some point among military voters and led in another.

Once again, I hold RBF to his own standard and point out that if criticizing support of Johnson is "bashing the military," then RBF also bashes the military by criticizing support of Trump--and Clinton for that matter--since Trump was tied with Johnson in the very polls RBF cited, and since Trump wound up with a solid military majority while Clinton got fairly strong numbers, too. Once again, the point is that his standard must apply equally to him as to anyone else. By his own standard, RBF just bashed the vast majority of military personnel and veterans as idiots and sell-outs--not to mention calling one a "puss" on Memorial Day weekend.

So, evading rational discussion once again, RBF responds by calling me the hypocrite for merely pointing out RBF's own self-defeating hypocrisy and double standards.

Same old thing.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland
I would venture to say there are many Christians (both left and right) that view Drumph as our punishment... So who is correct? There are Christians on the left too that are just as devout as you and me... The BS about the liberals being Godless is just another sensationalism from the right to demean them.

You just got finished "bashing" Clinton voters as "idiots" on page 3. You even said that Trump is a secret Democrat during your judge-everyone-but-RBF tirade. You literally called all Clinton and Trump supporters idiots.

But you're going to pretend I'm the one doing the judging now while you pretend to be the defender?

Man, you speak with forked tongue. If you're going to call yourself "devout," you might want to work on that.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland

Why did you edit out the part where you stated you didn't believe I am a Christian? You remember the part where "you" stated in your book you weren't convinced of my Christianity, and it was between me and Jesus... Why did you edit it out? It wasn't a grammatical error, etc.?

RBF

Short Version

RBF claims that everyone who supported Trump is an idiot or moral sell-out. He then says basically the same about Clinton supporters--claiming they're all idiots.

He claims that we all sold out our morals by supporting someone with personal moral flaws.

So, I point out that RBF also supported someone with personal moral flaws--Johnson--and the same standard must also apply to him. He's just as compromised by his own standard.

He then accuses me of "bashing the military" and posts a link that alleges Johnson was tied with Trump at some point in the election among military voters.

I point out that I'm just applying RBF's own standard, and that if criticizing support of Johnson is "bashing the military," then RBF also bashes the military by criticizing support of Trump--and Clinton for that matter--since Trump was tied with Johnson in the very polls RBF cited, and since Trump wound up with a solid military majority while Clinton got fairly strong numbers, too. Once again, the point is that the one standard must apply to him as much as to anyone else. By his own standard, RBF just bashed the vast majority of military personnel and veterans as idiots and sell-outs--not to mention calling one a "puss" on Memorial Day weekend.

So, RBF calls me the hypocrite for pointing out the self-defeating hypocrisy and double standards in his own comments.

Same old thing.

Gotcha Covered,
Lee Strickland

Why do you always have these short versions? Are you admitting you are too verbose? Why not just quit slinging crap and all the garbage and just be concise?

RBF