Bull redfish season has finally started for me.

Caught my first one for the season today. Not a big one but still 36inches. Had another that pulled the hook. Other then that I caught tons of stingrays and sharks and bluefish and whiting. Tried to catch some flounder but had no success.

I caught live finger mullet and threw them in my bubble box. I would take them out and cut them fresh as needed. Using small pieces about an inch long on double drop mono rigs with 4/0 circle hooks.

Also caught a small baby tarpon.

Good getting Stevo, thanks for the reports.

Nice Stevo…They boys and I may go fishing in the morning.

_______________ Key West 186 DC

It would have been a perfect day to go today. But I fished from 4am-4pm yesterday and I woke up to go this morning but every muscle in my body was sore.

Whoever is out there is prob catching them today

Stevo strikes early again this year
, score 1 for stevo.

tried to get out today at Sullivans just before noon but the wind/waves was too much for my skill level and gear. couldn’t find the combination of weight needed to keep me down/maintain line tension in the wind and any ability to pick up on a bite. lost several fresh live minnows without a sign of a bite and that was about it for my day before i had to give up

I have to change beaches sometimes when the current/wind is too strong depending on Wich way the wind is blowing will determine what beach I will go on. If all else fails try the Mt pleasant pier.

ive never fished the pier there, anything specific that i need to know about how to stack my odds?

Use live bait on smaller 2/0 circle hooks on a Carolina rig. Drop right off the sides of pier mid water column.

Or throw cut bait or live bait with 4-5/0 circle at high tide near the grass or shore for redfish.

Or use size one j hook with fidler crabs and drop near pylons for sheep’s head.

Use 1/2 ounce and up egg weights depending on currents.

I fished the mount p pier tournament yesterday. There are so many puffer and Penn fish you can’t really fish. The puffers destroy all baits but bigger live baits, like medium size Penn fish, the demolish mullet up to six inches. If you fish shrimp then you better have a lot and be quick. There was some trout, 37 inch red, a almost 2# flounder, a 5# sheepshead and a Spanish mackeral caught at the end and close to it. I fished up by the grass line and caught a 13 inch red and a 29 inch red and broke off about a twenty inch class fish because it ran through the grass. It was a tough day of fishing you lose a ton of bait and rigs. I’d check my bait constantly, because most the hits you can’t see or feel. I think sheep head fishing is the easiest fishing you can do there and catch a decent fish. Or use big live baits by the grass. Catch a pin fish and throw it by the grass on a knocker rig. The knocker rig was the only way I could catch a decent fish. But the wind was against the tide and blowing at me so it was hard to cast and you couldn’t fish a popping cork. But I was told fishing was slow all week and even worse the day I was there. That information came from people who fish there often and the staff. But Stevo was basically spot on with tackle.

Stevo - good seeing you this morning. Did you catch anything after we left?

Stevo has it turned on yet?

Yes sir right after you left

That’s not a whole lot of information :smiley: But figured that would happen.