Venting or descending device

What is the best option and what tool or device is everyone using ?

Descending device is going to be required by law next year.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha 250

The DNR was giving away the seaqualizer for filling out a survey earlier this year. We used it on one trip, it worked very well. Tried to post picture of it but the new forums are not working with uploads.

1 Like

https://www.sportsmans.com/fishing-gear-supplies/fishing-accessories/hook-keepers/removers/seaqualizer-fish-release-tool/p/1469257?channel=shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIs8qGmcCs5gIVApyzCh2WwAOdEAQYASABEgJNxfD_BwE

If link posted correctly, this is the seaqualizer. May be able to find cheaper. I’ve witnessed it in use quite awhile back. Put them big endangered Snapper, and others back to depth in a hurry. Able to adjust depth for it to open and release with no poking holes in the swim bladder, or missing and worse.

NN

It’s my understanding that free ones are available or will be available.

'18 Cobia 220 F200 '97 Car. Skiff 17'Suz DF60

Seaquilizer is easy and works great.

It take a bigger rod and weight to get some larger fish back down but it’s worth it to leave the fish intact when released.

Last trip it took 60oz of lead to get a 33in ARS back down.

Was about to ask how much weight y’all are usually needing, and what does it typically depend on? Size of the fish? Depth?

------------------------------------------------------------------- 1994 Hewes Redfisher 18 Conchfish 178 build in progress...

West Marine in West Ashley has the Seaquilizer for $24

14' McKee Craft 70hp Yamaha

Size of fish determined the weight. Most fish require 24-36oz, the really big ones require more.

These work great and much easier than some of my homemade devices. I use my downrigger and weight to deploy. Quick and easy to haul back up.

29’ WorldCat