WARNING: Photos of Fish Make Frank Sick

Name: frank
Email: fmbook.mcgrath@gmail.com
Phone: 864-361-4744
Message: How do justify killing all those Specks in the photo? It makes me sick to see a fisherman do that: you should be ashamed of yourself!

I’ve been a member of Charleston Fishing since its first year in existence, and this was the first such email I’ve ever received. Personally, I like to see photos and hear of successful fishing trips. Hopefully, I can learn something from the success of others. As I’ve said before, I do NOT catch my limit a whole lot more days than I do…so when I am fortunate enough to catch a limit, I make no apologies for taking a photo and sharing with others. Maybe I should post photos of my empty cooler to appease folks like “frank.” I really don’t know what someone is doing on this site if they have a such problem with seeing a limit of fish.

Harold Wilcox www.haroldshogwash.com

Don’t be like Frank

Exactly why there,s no one posting on here. Lot of “TROLLS” and cyber “BULLIES”. They all know who they are. Shame this site put up with them. I’m sure they will get fired up after this post.

BOB

The funny thing is those type of guys like this site more then a lot of people and even have multiple accounts.
I do think Harold’s post seem like big harvest but I’ve heard it’s different down there. Now a boat keeping 60 plus trout in Charleston is a bit much imo.

The state sets the regulations and limits. If anyone stays within the laws they should be able to post without what anyone else thinks. I think if a man is within the law I could care less what they think. But what they think keeps people from being proud of a good catch.
THAT JUST KEEPS PEOPLE FROM POSTING

BOB

X2!

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

Eat a snickers?

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Hahaha
https://youtu.be/tDkTNMK1V50

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

He was just being frank with you.

“Eat a snickers” just made my day. :+1: :+1::+1:

I’m triggered by the “empty cooler” comment. Please have some sensitivity.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

you SOB

You see what I mean. They don’t have anything to contribute. They want to make it a play ground.

BOB

He probably doesn’t know what state they were caught in

2017 NauticStar 2400 sport/ F200XB

When I received that original complaint email from Frank, I replied to him directly…and he back to me. Since several of you have shown interest, I’ll share a couple more exchanges between Frank McGrath and me. Below I paste in order they were exchanged. I’m surprised the admins of Charleston Fishing want this kind of harassment of their members. Even though the harassment occurred between two individuals offline, it originated from a post on this site. I still don’t think my photo warranted Frank’s response.

Frank,
You asked how I justified catching the trout in my photo. It’s easy. There were several of us fishing that day. We did not catch over our limit. I rarely even catch my limit. The fish we do catch are cleaned and eaten. If someone’s catching a legal limit of fish for their own consumption makes you sick, I’d suggest the problem is with you. If seeing photos of limits of fish makes you sick, what in the world are you doing on a fishing site? For the record, I’m not ashamed of myself…not even a little bit. I freely share my camp, my boat, my knowledge, and my fish with those less fortunate. You should be ashamed of yourself for making such comments with so little knowledge of what you’re talking about.
Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
Harold Wilcox

Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 8:50 AM
To: hwilcox@charter.net
Subject: Re: Trout Photo

I didn’t say catching trout, I said killing them. I believe in catch and release apparently you don’t. I’ll keep one or two Trout to eat no problem, but to catch a limit and keep them all just so you can go home and show your friends & neighbors the fish, how sad.

My reply to frank…

The DNR sets the legal limit. Within that limit, you decide what you want to keep within that limit, and I decide what I want to keep. I keep mine to eat them. I assume you KILL the trout you are going to eat, so

Frank. you should have just posted it on here. Instead of writing Harold an email. If I felt that strong about something. I would have posted it here. So everyone would know my opinion.

I very seldom keep my limit. But I occasionally do. And I give quite a few of them away.
You act like he is taking pictures of them. And throwing them in the trash.

Harold.
That would probably motivate me do post more pictures. Keep them coming.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

You are right otc,an e mail is a chicken ■■■■ way to do things.

Absolutely nothing wrong with catching and keeping each persons legal limit . I had much rather see and read these post instead of seeing the posts of some folks holding large breeders up by the lips with the whole weight on those boga grips or their fingers in the gills and commenting about them swimming off just fine… I call whale **** on this practice. !!! These folks need to be picked up by their jaw with a pair of vise grips for their family pictures then see how or if they survive the ordeal

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

I don’t post on here much because of the Franks on here but my average fish dinner that I’ve caught and kept runs about 45-50 dollars a pound. If I catch my limit I keep my limit because I like eating fish, brought home 25 meals from the Florida Keys last week house rental, Boat rental, gas, license, bait, trip down there, Ya’ll know what it cost. So Frank do the math instead of flapping them gums
Don

Not hating, just saying. If the only value you get out of going out in the boat and fishing or going fishing in general is the fish you get to keep maybe you should re-evaluate how you value things. I can go out and catch nothing and have a good day. I haven’t really noticed the people who complain about what people keep. I don’t even see many reports of people keeping fish.