Closed forever

Drove by Myrtle Beach speedway on the way to Greenville Monday. Noticed they were tearing the grandstands down. Said to the wife oh they’re building new grandstands. No speedway’s closed. they’re building a amusement park. Had a lot of good times out there. Hate to see it go.That’s all we need is another amusement park in Myrtle Beach.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

22 life’s a day

Y’all got to have something up there to entertain all those Yankees…

so many gone. I used to love to go to Cooper river dragpark. Dfreedom talked about VW punch buggies. I’ve seen those things whoop arse against some bad arse V8’s. Old boy used to show up with two and I was totally amazed at the power he made with an Air Cooled 4 cly, cut many a v8 tail…

Most local drag slips are on the decline… Folks close to them just can’t stand the noise as they move into the neighborhood. Funny how people come in and put their influence on locals. Times are a changing… shoot your gun, or run your car all your life and then all of a sudden some Yankees or city folk move in and and get pizzzzzzzzzzzed about what’s been happening for a century of tradition. .