SAFMC

Coming soon to an ocean near you:

Reduce the recreational vessel limit for Dolphin
Current limit = 60 fish per vessel. Alternatives range from 30 to 54 fish per vessel with additional alternatives to have the reductions apply only off the east coast of Florida, off the coasts of NC, SC and GA, or along the entire Atlantic coast.
Reduce the bag limit for Wahoo to 1 fish per person and implement vessel limits ranging from 2 to 8 fish per vessel.

“We are the government and we always know what is best”.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/SCDNR/bulletins/2bd59b7

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

22 life’s a day

“As Director of the Dolphin Research Program, Dr. Wessley Merten also recommended expanding the Dolphin Wahoo Fishery Management Plan to include the Gulf of Mexico, requiring circle hooks, and establishing an International Dolphinfish Working Group. Expanding the Fishery Management Plan to include the Gulf of Mexico and actively working with other nations to better manage Dolphin was also encouraged by the Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation, among other recommendations.”

So Dr. M wants to make circle hooks mandatory for dolphin fishing. How would that work trolling ballyhoo? Anyone ever had any success doing it. I am sure they would have to be non stainless as well, what a mess if this gets approved.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha 250

I would imagine it would result in a lot of short strikes. As usual, it makes no sense. Until longline fushing is addressed, it’s all a farce.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

Rubber band